94

ESME POV

"You can do it," I assured her as she tried to stand, "come on Kira you're almost there." She made it to her feet, straightening herself out. She held her hand up.

"Free them," she coughed. My feet hit the ground and I rushed to her. Her body was weak.

"It's okay," I helped her sit back down, "you're okay. We're gonn-" I tried to break the black collar around her neck but I couldn't break it.

"Jace," she cried, "you- you have to get- get him."

"Okay," I nodded, "okay I will. Jess, Alex, get her out of here. Now." I turned and started running towards the doors Falco took him through. As I made my way through the first set of doors she stood in front of me.

"Hello there Esme," she smiled, "since Rose wasn't real."

"It was real," I sneered, "I just didn't know it till not long ago." I lifted my hand, ice flew but she jumped from its path, it froze the wall behind her. She counteracted, and I blocked her attack. We continued on for a while before I was finally able to take control. "You hurt my sister," I held her against the wall, "you could have killed her!"

"Nothing will kill Kira," she spat, "she might get close but she won't. She- she's too strong."

"Oh so that means you can do whatever you want!" I squeezed her throat tighter, "no! It doesn't!" I swung down and roared as her body hit the ground, breaking through the concrete. I stood up as she lied in the hole unconscious. I ran through the next few sets of doors and when I picked up his scent I found him.

"Jace!" I ran through the doors. He was hooked to an IV. He already looked tired, breathless. "I've got you. Come on we're leaving," I pulled the needle from his arm and broke the chains around him.

He started coughing, "Kira, is she-"

"She's okay," I nodded, "she'll be better when we get you out of here. Let's go." I helped him to his feet and the two of us left the room.

"Where do you think you're going?" Two witches stood in front of me. Great. I hit the ground on my knees and my arms extended out. One of them walked to me, "sleep." Everything went black.
————
I woke up, my vision was blurry at first but with some time it cleared up. I was strapped to a chair, Jace to a table. He was hooked back to a needle but I had nothing hooked to me. The door opened, Falco walked in and walked over to me.

"You think you're slick," she smiled, "you're not." Her hand swept across my face.

"You're a pathetic witch!" I snapped, "a sorry excuse!"

"That's why I have the power here," she smiled.

"Unchain me and I swear I'll prove you different," I growled, "come on! Let me out!" She chuckled and shook her head. Suddenly the door opened again and Cassie walked in.

"You must be Esme," she smiled, "oh I'm so happy we've got you here with us now! Falco we can start on her too."

"Yes we can Cass," she smiled, "we're going to do that right now." She walked and grabbed a needle before coming to the front of me and inserting it into my arm. I watched a yellow liquid start to flow out and the two of them became more excited. It hurt, I felt like ... I don't know ... this sucks.

"Quiet," Cassie waved her hand in front of my mouth, "should we see what she can endure?" Falco nodded her head. "And what are we doing with Jace? We really don't need anymore wolf samples do we?"

"I figured why not," Falco shrugged her shoulders, "we can just drain him and add to the stock pile."

"It'll kill him," she shook her head, "we-"