115

ESME POV

"I'm going out first when we get there," I linked with Kira as we ran through the snow, "if someone is responsible then I need to go out there. Not you. You have a better chance at stopping everyone than I do." She looked at me for a few seconds before agreeing and when we got closer she slowed to a stop. I ran out of the wood line into the field where I saw the waterfall and pond.

Jace was standing in the water. His lips were blue and his skin was as white as the snow on the ground.

"Jace what are you doing?" I shifted into a human and started towards him, "why-"

He started to talk but struggled to get the words out, "I c-c-can't m-move. Jazz." I walked into the water and grabbed his arm. I was thrown backwards out of the water and when I hit the ground I rolled.

"No one is getting to him," Jazz appeared in front of me, "he doesn't leave that water till one of you is dead. Or he can stay there till his death."

"It doesn't have to be this way," I pushed myself to my feet, "you're lucky I found you first and not Kira. Me and you can settle this civil. Right?"

"Civil?" She started to laugh, "there's nothing civil here. You shouldn't be alive. I'm here to right that wrong."

"None of us have to feed on human blood," I tried to reason with her, "we eat animals only. Please. Drop this." She turned around and looked at Jace, lowering her hand down. I watched as his body was forcefully put under the water.

"This doesn't end unless you do," she glared at me.

"Fine!" I yelled, "fine. Just- just let him up! Stop!" He resurfaced coughing and trying to breath normally again. His skin was red almost immediately from the wind blowing around us. She held her hand out towards me and I felt a sudden pressure in my chest. My body started to make its way towards hers.

Suddenly Jazz was thrown backwards and I watched as Kira ran to Jace.

"Come on," she grabbed his hand before quickly pulling her own back. I guess she can handle that power. It blew me backwards, "you can get out. You just have to believe it, come on."

"I cant," he shook his head, "I- I'm s-stuck." Her attention turned back to Jazz. I did the same. She was slowly standing back up.

"Let him out of here," Kira snapped, "let him go!" I felt the pain in chest again and suddenly I was in front of Jazz. She pulled a stake from her coat. I heard Kira in the background but everything went so fast.
—————————————————————————
KIRA POV

"No!" I screamed as I watched the metal covered wood sink into her chest, "Esme! No! What did you do!" I threw my hands forward and watched as her body hit the ground. She started to cry out and I started to walk towards her, "you killed her! You killed her!" She continued to scream and before long I was right in front of her.

I knew I was making her insides boil, I knew it was hurting. But I couldn't stop. I knelt down in front of her, "exedus stagno." I put my hand down and her cries out stopped as she started to catch her breath. I looked up at Esme who laid on the ground.

"You- you had this coming," Jazz looked at me defeated, "I- I had to kill one of you. I completed it. I am free." I watched her eyes lift towards the sky and a smile broke out on her face, "I'm free!" She looked back at me, "kill me Kira. Do it." I glared at her for a few seconds and without hesitation... instinct kicked into overdrive and I shoved my hand in her chest. She gasped as I wrapped my fingers around her heart.

"You feel that?" I felt my eyes shift colors as my canines grew, "my hand wrapped around your heart?" Her eyes were wide and glassy as she looked at me, "go to hell." I gripped hold firmly and pulled my hand back, ripping her heart from her chest. I watched her body drop to the ground and then looked at what I was holding.