10

JACE POV

I watched as she walked out of the cave, I smiled. Everything she said replayed in my head. Everything just feels so right with her. Things are calm even when they're chaotic, her voice is so soft even if we're in danger. She's is an angel, I'm convinced.

I grabbed my phone, almost noon. I decided to call Alex.

"Hey what are you doing?" I asked as soon as he answered.

"Wow hi to you too," he said, "I'm at school. Where are you?"

"Ummm Im not coming today," I rubbed my eyes, "hopefully I'll be there Monday. Can you leave?"

"Where are you?" He asked, "why aren't you coming?"

"Can you leave school?" I asked once more, "if I send you my location can you leave school?"

"What?" He whisper yelled, "are you kidding me? Yes Jace. Yes I will leave school. Send me the damn location."

I started to laugh, as I hung up and sent him a text.

Me: it's in a weird spot. Just trust the map.

Alex: okay? It says it'll take about 38 minutes to walk there.

Me: is that okay?

Alex: I'm already leaving the school. Be there soon

I went to Kiras messages.

Me: hey you, Alex is on his way over here.

Kira: okay, I'll grab an extra burger and fries from Pattsies.

Me: thank you, be safe please. If anything feels off let me know.

Kira: I will :) I'm still a little while away from there but I'm making my way.

Me: good, I miss you :)

I stared at my text as I sent it, wondering how I got to where I was. I closed my eyes, thinking back to a few weeks ago, before she started school. I remember seeing the moving vans and their cars. I just never saw her, I always saw her parents.

I remember never raising a hand at Ron, he has always had the power to kill me. Always. And he has always threatened it, always made me close to it. To a point where I could feel it but stayed breathing.

It's been two weeks since she's moved here, and she, I'm certain, has saved me Atleast twice. I wonder where I'd be if hadn't shown up when she did. I thought back to the first time I saw her, when she walked by me. I found it so hard to control myself, I just wanted to talk to her. I felt so drawn. I still do. There isn't anyone else I'd rather spend all of my time with.

She's the most caring and gentle person ... but she has got more power than she even knows what to do with right now. She will only get stronger. She is a beautiful, angelic human. She is no monster. She will never be a monster.

I thought back to her as she fought off the guards at Finis. She could have killed everyone there if she wanted to, she could have torn them to shreds and there would have been nothing they could do, but she didn't. Everyone had minor injuries. The most expensive part was the lightbulbs that shattered. She chose not to kill. I know I would've slaughtered everyone in sight and I would not have thought twice. She's strong. And I'm certain she will one day be a leader.

That's how I know we will never last. She will have to find her own pack, and I am by no means capable of running with her. I do not have the strength that she or anyone in her future pack I'll have. I never will be able to amount to them.

I heard rustling in the distance, I grabbed my phone.

Me: you almost here?

Alex: yeah.