Settled Debt

(QING)

After the Dayu's parents fiasco where we almost had an accident, I decided to take charge of the situation before Dayu put us in more mortal harm.

I set the meeting place inside an exclusive club where I am a VIP member. I made Dayu call his contact on the mafia to meet us there.

A club personnel guide us into a room where we can wait for our "guests" to arrive.

Dayu sat on the plush seat and lean his head back as he relaxed.

I sat near him. Taking my shades off because the room's lighting is dim enough. "Why am I not even surprise to learn that you tangled yourself with these kind of people?" I said as I pour bourbon on a glass with ice.

"Tell me about it," Dayu sneered. "I got myself into a lot of trouble growing up but this last one takes the cake."

"A lot of trouble? How severe?"
I asked as I relaxed on my seat.

Dayu turn his head and smile lazily at me, "My parents disowned me. And you know how much they love their only child but they did it because they can't take my mess anymore. Have some idea with that..." he reach out for a beer to drink.

But before he can drink he look at me, "Wait? Why are we drinking this early in the morning? And who will drive for us?"

I shrug as I drink, "I need at least one glass before we meet my family later,"

Dayu coughed, "W-we will meet who now? You family? As in the King and the Queen and everyone else?"

I nodded. He put down the beer he hasn't taste yet. "Already? Are we in a kind of hurry?"

"We only have three months to convice them that I am not ready for marriage yet. I thought you are ready to start this?"

Dayu nodded, "Yes, but to meet your family at the get go..."

"Meeting the family is always the first step Dayu," I smirked at him and he pouted at me then cross his arms to frown and think. "You are not drinking?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Believe me, you don't want me to mix alcohol and meeting polite people. It will be ugly..."

I secretly laugh. Who is he calling polite people? My family? That's funny.

I was about to say something again when the door of the room opened and three men in black ill fitted suits came. The one in the middle is obviously in charge of the group.

He looks more decent than the two bulky persons behind him.

Dayu stood up and the man in the middle open his arms. "Dayu..." he tried coming closer to hug my "fiance" but I tug Dayu down to sit beside me.

Who does he think he is to try and put a hand on my "fiance"?

The man look at me. I incline my head and smile when I see the expected shock on their faces. That reaction is normal for me. It's not everyday that people get to see the Crown Prince of the land.

"Your Highness," the man who tried to hug Dayu bowed slightly. "To whom do I owe the honor..."

"I am here to pay the debt of my friend. Take the money and leave and never show your faces to him again." I said in a bored tone. I studied sounding bored, I am an expert on it.

"Chong, man," Dayu speak, talking to the leader of the group. Chong huh? "I am deeply sorry for the delay. But I told you, I will get your boss's money for him. And here it is,"

He pushed the envelop with one million yuan inside to the man named Chong.

Chong took the money and pass it to his lackey. "Dayu, I am disappointed. You went to the Prince when I can help you if you just come to me,"

I straightened at his words. What does he mean? He will help Dayu but Dayu had to...

I saw the spark of interest in Chong's eyes as he look at Dayu. I bristled at that. I put an arm behind Dayu's seat. A clear "he is mine" stance.

"You have your money, why are we still here?" I asked.

Chong nodded. "Dayu..."

"No need to address him anymore," I said in a hard tone as Dayu look at me. But my eyes are focused on the man looking at Dayu like he can't wait to get his hand on my "fiance". I think I have to put people to observe this one.

"Qing..." Dayu whisper my name. I turn to him. I nodded, "Put the contract he signed on the table," I said as I turn back to Chong. The man hesitated but did as I ordered. I took the paper and read it.

Dayu borrowed an amount not even close to one million but interest rate are different in a mafia organization than in the bank.

And Dayu is not the only one who borrowed the money. He is just a cosigner and yet he was the one harassed to pay the loan.

Where is the other guy? And where is the money? It's obviously not with Dayu because if it's with him then his bank account will not be that depleted. To even call it a bank account is a shame. Dayu is practically bankcrupt.

He is right. He is trouble.

I made sure the contract is authentic then I fold it and slip it inside my coat pocket. I will hold this contract and keep it safe.

Dayu wince at Chong, "Tell your boss sorry again..."

"Tell your boss that Dayu is under the protection of the Crown." I added.

No one will want to mess up with the Royal Family. We held certain power and connections.

Chong look at me. I stared at him. Raise an eyebrow and kept my gaze cold. I saw the man swallowed and nodded.

He turn to his lackeys and they left after giving me a bow again.

"Woah..." Dayu slide away from me and put a hand on his chest. "That's nerve wracking..."

I snickered at him. "Stop mixing yourself with those kind of people. That Chong..."

"Yeah..." he just agreed. "That's the original contract, right?"

"Yes," I said as I take the paper out again. "I think they handed it because I am the Prince,"

He nodded. Dayu is not that stupid. Those kind of organization won't let someone just pay their debt that easily. They will try to wring their victims for more money.

And I am especially not fond of the way that Chong looks at Dayu. I think money is not the only thing he likes to get from Dayu.

I will have to put people to tail that man. Until I am sure that he is not a threat to my "fiance".