Reasons to Kill

(CHONG)

The country has a new Darling of the Press. Dayu proved not just a charismatic fiance for the Crown Prince but a celebrity of his own.

Everyone wants a piece of him. This unassuming ordinary looking male commoner that caught the eyes and obviously, the heart of the Crown Prince.

Dayu has a busy week after the engagement. After the interview together with the Crown Prince, he was always seen outside the Palace with at least one other member of the Royal Family.

But most frequently, the Queen. She cannot hide it. The Queen doesn't bother to disguise it. She is satisfied with her son's choice for his fiance. She adores Dayu. She approves of him for her son.

In a recent interview the Queen was quoted saying...

"I feel for him. Dayu's position is never easy. It will never be easy. To have a King as a fiance and a husband, his job and life will never be easy or completely private but Dayu never complains. He strive to study hard. He shows excellent efforts to learn how to be a spouse of a King. And most of all, he shows unflailing support and faith in my son. That itself is enough for the Royal Family to know that the Crown Prince has made the right choice for his Consort..."

Dayu is funny. Witty and smart. Candid and fresh. The press loves him. And his quirky but meaningful answers.

In a press conference for children's rights that the Queen and Princess support, Dayu became the center of attention at his answer to the question about heirs to the throne when he is a man and can't provide the Crown Prince children.

"I want children. I want to raise Qing's children. I want the Palace to be filled with small laughters and small running feet on the ground. I played on those grounds, with the Crown Prince and Lao, I will hate for those gardens and ponds to be empty in Wang Qing's reign. The Wang line will not die on my King. And we are living in a modern world. There are many ways to be used to achieve what we desired. We will use and exhaust those ways and methods to secure the Wang line. You don't have to worry. Have faith in your Crown Prince. Wang Qing will know what to do. Trust him as I trust him and we will all be just fine. We care about the future on this family and this country. We are here to serve you,"

The press was satisfied with that. Dayu's show of faith to the Crown Prince pleases everyone. The Wangs are beloved by the public and Dayu showing that he is one with the Royal Family shows he is perfectly transitioning from commoner to Royal.

He is the perfect Cinderella without being the damsel in distress.

And with Dayu's increasing popularity, too much attention is starting to pour on him.

And to the bodyguard guarding him.

Which is me...

Fuck!

"You are famous now!" Dayu grinned at me while shoving a newspaper in my face while we are having dinner inside his room in the Queen's wing.

"Fuck no!" I flicked the newspaper away from my face. Dayu laughed then read some passages on the page, "They said here, who is the handsome guy shadowing the Crown Prince's fiance. He looked regal enough to be a prince himself. And they...ha ha ha, got your name. Chong Geng? Geng is your real name?"

I sighed. And refuse to answer. But for someone as crazy as Dayu, silence means yes. "Oh my...Geng. Geng!" Then he laugh hysterically again.