Course of Action

(DAYU)

I felt all eyes there turned to me. They all paid attention when I mentioned Princess Baozang's name.

"You cannot let Princess Baozang pay for our sins." I added, still kneeling and bowing my head. I studied the pattern on the floor. "If you will remove the Crown Prince, Princess Baozang had to step up and be the Queen in Waiting. She will have to ascend the throne if her brother will lose his crown and position,"

I heard a soft female gasped, "Oh he is right!" I heard Princess Baozang exclaimed. "Father! My King! You cannot take Qing ge's crown! What will happen to me? I don't want to be the Queen! No! I refuse!"

I secretly smiled. I am banking on that exact reaction from the Princess. She is barely tolerating being a Princess, being a Queen will break her.

Plus, she is not being groomed to ascend the throne. Qing had that priviledge. I studied it, the Queen had taught it to me, how they start training the Crown Prince to be a King at the tender age of twelve years old.

Wang Qing had been training to be a King for a dozen years now. Baozang cannot take his place. She will not survive the pressure.

"Why punish Princess Baozang with us?" I continued. "Let us take all the blame for our lie,"

"You must think you are so clever," the King said. "Look up," he commanded and I follow. We stared into each other, "Did we let a serpent enter our Palace? You must think that by learning the rules and customs of the Royals, you knew everything there is to know..."

"Never, your Grace." I shook my head. "But I am telling the truth, am I not? Once Prince Qing vacated his position, no one can fill it aside from Princess Baozang. And if Princess Baozang refused it..."

"The Royal Family will be embroiled in total disaster," Qing supplied the rest. "A disaster no one has seen since King Jin accepted the throne and the title of King."

King Jin, King Dao's father.

I nodded. "You will have to look for a Wang cousin to fill the seat if Princess Baozang will refused to take Prince Qing's position. Something that will put everyone in awkward, not to mention confusing position."

Because there are also the Royal Counsel to consider and the public's perception.

This Royal business of succession is simple yet very complicated if there is no Crown Prince to consider or no one from the direct blood line to take the position.

And I am gambling on those complicated rules to save Qing's crown and position.

Silence passed as we all mulled that fact.

"Father..." Qing approach the King. "I know I am wrong. That is why I am confessing everything before it all gets complicated."

"Why?" The King turn to his son. "Why confess now? What is your purpose for ending your schemes and lies?"

Qing and I looked at each other. Qing gestured for me to stand and come to him. I walked to his side. He held my hand.

"I want to make it a real one. Be engaged to Dayu for real..." Qing said straightly.

"They why confess?" The Queen said. "Why do all of these if your purpose is to marry Dayu for real? No one will stop you..."