Trust

(DAYU)

Divorce.

What an ugly word. I will never divorce Qing. I regret saying that word as soon as it left my tongue.

But Qing, Lao and Chong are testing my patience, on my wedding day, when they keep things from me.

"What is going on?" I asked Qing again.

He hesitated. Then open his mouth. I held my hand on him.

"Stop," I said that surprised him. I took a deep breath. "Is what you are going to say will ruin my day?"

Qing look at our two friends. "Probably."

I nodded. "Okay, don't say it. Let me think."

Do I want this day to be ruined?

No. Definitely not.

I look at Qing. Remembering the last words the Queen told me before we said goodnight to then downstairs.

"You guys are married now. Remember to trust each other. You don't need to know everything, Dayu. Just trust that Qing has you in his heart and mind when he does the things he do. He loves you. Always remember that."

I stared at Qing. "Do you want to tell me what is going on?" I asked him, swallowing hard. It starts now. My marriage to Qing.

This marriage means trusting and loving my husband even if he has his own things that I don't know about. This marriage means supporting him. Asking him if he is comfortable including me in his activities.

If not. I have to respect his decision.

Qing sighed, "The truth, I don't want you involved." The honesty in his tone is genuine.

I nodded. "But you are okay in involving Lao and Chong?"

"Yes," Qing nodded.

"To an extent," Lao chimed in. We all look at him. He smiled at me, "Dayu, I also don't desire to involve myself in everything Qing and Chong does."

"Just as I don't like to involve myself in the Prince and Lao's business. What do I know about managing Royals," Chong added.

I nodded. Yeah, I can understand that. The three of us, Lao, Chong and I will have different roles in Qing's life.

I turned to Qing. I am his Consort. I am still not sure how many responsibilities I will have as his spouse but I am sure it will be a lot. Do I really have to think about Qing's jobs too? Mix them with mine? Do I really have to know all of his actions and responsibilities? Will that won't be too much to take?

I shook my head. "I don't think I can do this,"

Qing was stunned. He turned pale. "Dayu ah," he walked to me. Standing in front of me. Fear in his eyes. "What do you mean you can't do this..."

I look at him. "Think about your work and mix it with mine. Your mother told me that I will have enough things to do without adding your concerns to mine." I smiled at him. "Fine. I don't need to know. For now. I just hope that you will tell me about what is going on at the time that you are comfortable to share it with me. But whatever it is that is going on between the three of you, I don't need to know. You can keep it."

Three pairs of unbelieving eyes focused on me.

"Really?" Qing can't believe I am letting it go.