Homecoming

(QING)

Two days later...

Dayu is out if the hospital with a clean bill of health. A spokeperson from the Palace reported that in front of the hospital and to say that the Prince's Consort is ready to come home to the Palace.

Dayu will come home. Finally.

I will not think about the fact that he will just stay long enough to entertain my grandmother and to reassure her that he is fine.

Dayu will leave the Palace discreetly again to stay at his parent's home because we promised each other that we will be patient with his father and his father's decision to take Dayu in their home first.

Chong is in the hospital with Dayu. After his...assignment the other night, he went to the hospital to guard his Consort.

Lao is with me. We are gonna pick Dayu up. Lao is being quiet. I don't know what is going on with him but I plan to sit him down and tackle it once this visit of Dayu in the Palace is over.

For now, I want to concentrate on my fiance.

Shunu is dead. But no one knew yet. Her parents made a show of taking Shunu abroad to take her away and continued her mental medication away from China. But Chong and I knew the truth.

Shunu's parents took a dead daughter instead of an alive one.

She is the least of my problems now.

Did I cry when Chong called me to tell me that it's done? No. I feel sad. But not too sad to feel guilt or anything. Shunu had killed what sympathy and love I once had for her when she chose to kidnap Dayu and stage a wedding.

But she is dead now and I still respect the dead. So...I still pray that her soul can find peace. She can now rest.

The media are outside of the hospital when we got there. I just went straight to the doors and get inside the hospital amidsts the flashes of cameras. I am used to that.

Once we got to Dayu's room we saw Dayu and Chong arguing, or if they are not arguing, they are having a heated conversation. But they stopped when they spied me coming.

"Hey," Dayu carefully made his way to me. Going around Chong to get to me. We hugged and kiss. I still cannot squeeze him in my arms but it's so good to held him again.

"What is going on?" I asked Dayu while looking back and forth at him and Chong.

"Oh, nothing." Dayu shook his head. "He is just pissing me off. As usual. Hey, Lao!" Dayu let me go to hug Lao.

I look at Chong who gave me a resigned look. I nodded. I will talk to him later too.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Dayu who nodded. "Where are your parents?"

"My mother dragged my father away before he can change his mind and take back his permission for me to visit the Queen Dowager. You have to bring me to my parent's home, he said. We have to gain some trust points from him," Dayu gave me a meaningful look.