Engage

(DAYU)

I smile at Qing and stare at him too. He looks...

So good.

So Princely in his suit with a military theme, the same military style design his father and grandfather wore when they got engage.

Deep blue in color, the color of the Royals, Qing's suit fits him to a T. He looked regal and dashing and...

"I want this to be over now so I can peel that suit off you and we can..."

"Okay," Qing stopped me by hugging me again and kissing my temple. "That will be enough or I will be pushed to just forget about this whole engagement and wedding thing and just go straight to our honeymoon,"

My eyes sparkled, "Oh honeymoon! Let's go!"

Qing laughed and the door opened. Our family came back.

"We heard laughter. If you two can laugh now then I guess we are ready," the Queen smiled.

The King turn to Mr.Shouwei, "Tell everyone to go to their respective place. The Royal procession and now begin and the Engagement Ball can now commence,"

"Yes, your Majesty." Mr. Shouwei left the room to do as the King instructed.

The Queen Dowager came to us and hug us both. "I know the two of you are the happiest persons now so I will settle for the third place," she pat our cheeks affectionately. "Your King Dao is happy. I know..."

I felt emotional when she mentions the late King. Qing and I held each others hands. "Let us bow to you now, please." He said while looking at our elders.

Our hand tightened on each other and we bowed together. First to the Queen Dowager then to the King and Queen.

"Thank you for giving us your blessing," Qing said as we straightened again. "Dayu and I...we will not fail you,"

"You can't, even if you want to." The Queen hugged us both. "Because you are both destined for greatness. That's what I believe..."

Princess Baozang hugged us too. The King gave us approving pats in our shoulders and then it was announced that the Engagement Ball is about to start.

This is it!!!

The Queen Dowager was announced first. Then the King and Queen entered the ballroom together. Princess Baozang was escorted by her fiance, Fa Heise, the son of the President of China.

Then it's our turn. With Lao and Chong behind us, Qing held my hand and we smile at each other as the Royal Herald, the one who announces the names when there is an official ball in the Palace, announces our names.

"His Highness, Crown Prince Wang Qing of the Royal Family of the People's Republic of China..."

"What a mouthful," I tease Qing who laugh at me.

"And his Consort to be, Feng Jian Yu..."

The double door of the Palace's ballroom opened. Qing and I took our first step as an engaged couple.

Loud applause welcomed us as the chandeliers in the big ballroom twinkled on the ceiling. We smiled at the guests who clap and congratulate us as we walk inside the ballroom that is lavishly decorated for this special occassion.

This whole event is being shown in live streaming so I see cameras placed on the high balconies. It's for the public to share this occasion with us.