Missing You

(QING)

Two days after the press conference where I exposed my own lies and apologized for it, Dayu's whereabouts was found.

He is currently working in a Chinese Family Diner in the East of the city. He also lived there.

The patient public who diligently searched for the missing Almost Consort was paid off when someone posted a picture of Dayu smiling while hefting vegetable crates from the back alley of the diner.

Someone also posted a picture of Dayu with a handkerchief on his head, an apron tied on his waist wearing plain black shirts and jeans while carrying large garbage bags and throwing it on the main garbage can on the street.

I feel angry while looking at those pictures. Not because Dayu was carrying and hefting heavy loads or because he looked like an overworked peasant. I feel furious because all the pictures posted on the net showed Dayu with a man with him. And I am familiar with that man.

Chong, the mafia boss' second in command whom we paid the debt Dayu owed.

Why is he in my Consorts side? Why is he smiling at my Consort? Why is this Chong sticking on my Consort's side like an annoying dirty gum in a rubber's sole?

I don't like him.

"And Dayu is not your Consort yet," Lao countered while we are traveling to our next schedule, something to do about visiting some city farm. "You don't have to crunch your face and get mad because Dayu is still not yours and you have no rights on..."

"Turn the car," I said while glaring at Lao.

"What?"

"I said turn the car. Turn it to the East," I repeated.

"Qing...Crown Prince..."

"Turn it now! Didn't you hear me?" I shouted at the driver who immediately did a U-turn. I threw the IPad on Lao.

"You know you are being ridiculous, right? The decision is still not up. You cannot come near Dayu without the combined decision of your Family and the Counsel that they will indeed permit you to marry Dayu. This is breaking a law!" Lao is stressed again.

"Will it cost me my crown?" I asked.

Lao thinks first. "No," he said.

"Then take me to the diner," I said with a superior smile on my lips.

Lao just sighed and nodded at the person driving the SUV.

"I hope you remember that we are in a marked car. Anyone will see that this is the Crown Prince's vehicle." Lao reminded me.

"Then stop it somewhere safe where we can cover the mark," I said. "We still have the black paint here somewhere, right?"

Lao groaned, "Do you know how much it will cost to repaint the mark of the Crown Prince on this car? Qing ah..."

"I will pay for it. With my own money. And no need to tell this to my family or the Budget Department..." I said.

Lao just put a hand on his nape. "Do you really miss Dayu this much or are you just afraid that someone else is beside him?"

"Both," I honestly said. Lao turned quiet. Then he looked around, "Who has a cap?" He asked.

"I do Sir," the guard sitting on the passenger seat said. "Give it here and let the Prince use it," Lao ordered.