Attraction

(QING)

"Why do you let your soon to be fiance do that to you?" The King asked in incredulous voice as I stand in front of him and my mother and grandmother.

Again. I was called on the floor to explain. But this time, Dayu and Lao are not with me.

Dayu huffing and sulkingly went straight to his quarters after we got home from the speaking engagement where he showed everyone he can twist my arms while I retaliated by putting him on his back under me.

I can totally see now how this marriage will work out.

I clucked my tongue. "Dayu is the guy who knew Taekwondo, Aikido and Judo. While all I know is fence a saber and shoot a gun. Without any weapon in my hands, he can put me down everytime. I guess you should have let me learn Karate or Wushu,"

"Wang Qing," my mother shook her head.

Ah I forgot. This is the Royal Family. We do noble things like fence and gun shooting. Not any martial arts move that can be useful in a brawl.

"It's his fault anyway," my mother added to my father and grandmother before turning back on me. "You really shouldn't have dragged that issue about Dayu's almost accident. Ignoring him or avoiding him was never the answer yet you did it for two solid days. If I am in Dayu's position, I will be annoyed too."

"He twisted your son's arm. I think Dayu had passed the annoyed stage. But still, even if he is angry at Qing, he should have waited until they are alone to teach your son a lesson," the King said to my mother.

"The King is right." My grandmother agreed. "My Queen, we have been in Dayu's situation many times before. Annoyed and mad at our husbands but we never humiliate them in public like what Dayu did to the Crown Prince,"

My mother nodded, "Yes. But we are women and we have more patience. Dayu is also a man, with a man's pride. Qing should have thought of that. He is engaged to another man. With a man's ego. The Crown Prince should take more care in treating his fiance with respect and attention. Dayu had been patient for the past two days that Qing avoided him. What more can you ask of the man?"

They all sighed and gave me meaningful looks.

"Dayu and I already talked while on the way back here. We have cleared all issues and we are fine," I said.

Okay, fine is a bit of an exaggeration but we have reached an understanding. No avoiding each other if we can and talk about any issues that will arise.

"I hope this will never happen again, Wang Qing." My father said.

I hope so too. I am now feeling the aftereffect of having my arm twisted by someone trained in Judo like Dayu.

Taekwondo. Judo. Aikido.

I will have no chance whatsoever in surviving this engagement intact if I pissed Dayu off.

---------@---------

(DAYU)

At least Wang Qing ate dinner with me and his family. No one touched the "almost accident" issue again. The conversation on the dining table circled on the King's visit in a province on the South and the provisions he wanted to propose to the government for the people there.