Sugar Lumps

(DAYU)

26 hours since the kidnapping

Does Qing loves me enough to save me?

YES!

Yes is the answer to that question of course. I know Qing. I know by now, he is doing everything, using everyone and anything to find me. Exhausting his resources. Exhausting himself.

I hope he is not tiring himself too much. I hope he can at least breathe and rest for a few hours. I hope he is at least eating.

I wonder is Shunu is tricking me. How should I answer that question? An answer that will satisfy her. Because that is my goal, to be a model victim of my kidnapper. So she may release me.

I hope...ugh! It's so hard if your life is depending on other people's level of craziness.

In the end, I opted for the truth.

"Yes," I said while staring straightly at Shunu. "Qing loves me so he will rescue me,"

Shunu smiled, "Good. That is the answer I wanted to hear."

I swallowed and reach for the water goblet. I drank some and stared at her again. "That's what you wanted to hear?"

"Yes," Shunu nodded as she continued eating. "I want Qing to love you so desperately that he will do everything and give me anything I want in exchange of your life..."

Fuck! So that's her plan? To ask Qing something...

What could be that something.

I cut the quiche in my plate, "You plan to ask something from Qing? You should have just phoned him. Why do all these? And by the way, where is Baozang?"

"With Heise, of course," Shunu said too casually for my taste.

Of course, Baozang is with Heise. Even if they had broken up already. I should laugh at the obviousness of that answer but my blood turned so cold just thinking of the Princess in the hand of that monster.

We continued eating silently. I consumed food, not for pleasure but to keep my energy. I have to get out of here. I know, I said I will not try to escape but you shouldn't really believe whatever I say when I am tied up, hungry and sticky with sweat and dirt.

I tend to lie in those situations.

I have to escape and I have to take that painting with poisoned frame Shunu gave me. I need it as evidence.

When we finished eating, two unfamiliar men entered to clean the table. Unlike the one who untied me, these two had no problem showing their emotions on their faces. They look at me and gave me intimidating and grim looks.

I felt more unsettled.

So, there are at least three men here with us. That I know of and I see personally. I wonder if there are more outside. Should I ask? My mother always taught me that if I am curious about something and I don't know something, the most polite way is to ask questions.

"Excuse me, Sir..." I tap a finger on the guy taking my goblets. "Exactly, how many guards are there in this place?" I asked the man politely.

He growled at me. I sat straighter in my sit when the man, who is not bigger or taller than me growled like a rabid dog ready to attack me.

"O...kay. Sure...you don't want to answer. That's cool," I winced and avoided eye contact. I want to play dead too but I am just afraid that if I play dead, I will end up being truly dead because these people are crazy.