First Hurdle

(QING)

It's so cliche that our first public appearance will be in a classical piano performance by a renowned pianist.

Classical Music. Can't go wrong with that but I have seen this in so many dramas before.

A Royal and a commoner newly engaged, they went into a classical performance and someone will fell asleep.

I have seen this a lot of times, that is why...

"You will not fall asleep, right?" I asked Dayu as we wait for the ladies to finish primping themselves.

We look matchedly attired in suits with bow ties. It's just that Dayu wears a white jacket over a black shirt while I am wearing all black.

At first, my mother disapprove of my attire. "You look like you are mourning. Are you in mourning?"

I want to say "yes" but Dayu beat me into it. "I think he looks dashing," he said while fixing my bow tie to see the overall fit. I look down at him and we smile at each other.

That quieted everyone's opinion on my clothes. If my Consort approved of it then nothing more should be said to contradict Dayu's opinion.

Dayu looks dashing also. He looks smart and handsome in the suit he and my mother approved together.

They are getting closer, Dayu and the Queen. This first week of Dayu's training, aside from the under the table incident, everything goes smoothly.

My mother is not exactly praising Dayu but she said, "It's easier than I thought,"

Which is a compliment itself as it seem like Dayu is not giving her any headaches.

But tonight will be a whole new arena. Our first public appearance together. Dayu and I will finally see personally how people are reacting and accepting the news that their Crown Prince is gettingg engaged to a man.

The spread of the video of the late King Dao and his wedding ring was greatly welcomed by the masses. My grandfather remains as the most beloved monarch in the modern history. The Royal Family couldn't be more proud of his legacy.

But that legacy included a ring that's right now Dayu is wearing on his left ring finger. The PR Department had this idea of letting the public see the future Consort with his promised ring.

"People lap this kind of stuff. If they see the future Consort wearing the ring of the late King, that will help a lot on our mission to encourage the public to accept him. We are not lying after all, he has the ring."

Good point. People believing our engagement, that is something we want.

"Aren't you scared that the public will be angry when we split up three months from now?" Dayu asked me quietly last night as we walk in the Royal garden maze before he turned in for the night in the Palace. We have Lao and another female attendant as chaperones.

Chaperones...yes it's laughable.

"No because the whole point of this is to show people that I am not ready to be married yet and that I will not have a Consort but a Queen. We will just show them that we don't suit at all," I said to him, smiling all the way through my sentences.

"I see..." Dayu nodded and never made a comment again.

Now, we are ready to go outside, as long as the women in our family will hurry the hell up.