Monsters and Devils

(CHONG)

In under three days, the Crown Prince had put most of Fa Heise's businesses to ruin.

The Prince is that fast when he works. He is swift, like a tornado. He will come and will leave you with almost nothing.

Stocks from Fa Heise's companies plummented down. Stockholders panicked and most of them decided to withdrew their investments. The Prince and Lao worked diligently, calling on people, asking favors and setting up meetings. Charming anyone connected to Fa Heise's companies, from stock holders to his suppliers to his trouble shooters. The Prince put his hands on all of them.

Now, I finally understand the term "movers and shakers". Those terms can be applied to Crown Prince Wang Qing.

He can move and shake people in the position where he wants them to be. He can charm them to do a favor for him. He uses everything he can use. His family, his businesses, his charm, his properties. He even used Lao and Dayu. And me...

Saying things like...

"Oh Lao can totally do that. He is good with those things. Just tell me the things you want us to check for you and we can do that."

Or...

"Of course, my Consort would love to visit your restaurants. He loves to try different cuisine. Dayu has a delicate palate when it comes to food. Chong can also join in that food testing,"

Lao winced when he looked at me. I tried my best not to look at my Prince with annoyance.

Dayu has a delicate palate? Since when? That guy eats everything and anything as long as they are edible. And not made of human flesh, dog, cats, rabbits, frogs, snakes, crocodile, insects, all the animals in the Lion King movie and Madagascar franchise (those are Dayu's words not mine), crap, dirt...etc.

"I also don't like eating shark and okra. What is an okra? Really? They are mushy, like snot," Dayu once complained.

Gag.

Anyways, the Prince works really fast. It doesn't take long and the news of the downfall of Fa Heise's businesses can be read on the business sections of the broadsheets.

"People may think you are going after him with vendetta," Dayu said one morning in worry.

"I am coming after him with vendetta," The Prince confirmed that while sipping his coffee and reading the sports section of the broadsheet.

"People may think that Fa Heise hurt your sister that is why you are doing all these," Dayu added.

"I don't care," the Prince said before putting down the broadsheet to look at his Consort. "He can never confirm that it was me that cause his businesses to fail. No one will point at me and blame me in the open. They can all whisper, I don't care. I don't give a damn if they all think I am taking revenge for my sister. Heise deserved this the moment he thought to gain power by marrying into my family. He deserved it the moment he started plotting to kill you. He want someone to blame? He can blame himself. And I am not done yet with him,"

Lao and I look at each other as Dayu glared at the Prince. "When will you stop then?"

"When he had no other options but to leave this country and start somewhere else or kill himself from too much humiliation. Either way, I want him gone..." The Prince's reply.