Smoke

(DAYU)

He got a surprise for me.

Wang Qing.

After the tears from seeing my grandfather in a video. And the kiss that's been applauded by everyone. Qing borrowed the microphone from the emcee to say that he got a surprise for me.

"What?" I want to say that my heart can't take another big surprise but instead of answering Qing signaled someone and the door opened.

People came in bearing a grand piano. I am not kidding. People came lifting a piano. Then a woman came in after them and I gasped.

Yuja Wang...my favorite classical pianist came. The one the King gave a Merit Award on Qing and I's first public appearance together. She...

I look at Qing. He smiled at me. "I asked if she can play for you. You love her music and the way she plays, right?"

"Yes!" I hugged Qing and kiss both his cheeks. "Thank you! Thank you..."

Yuja Wang sat on the piano stool and began her magic. Her hands, they should be insured, started playing the black and white keys and piano music filled the ballroom.

She played Teresa Tang: Tian Mi Mi

Qing took my hand and we step off the stage to walk to the dance floor on the middle of the ballroom and stand near the grand piano where Yuja Wang is playing.

She smiled at me and I want to squeal like a fanboy. I really like her and the way she plays.

Qing is so sweet to do this for me.

When the song was over I clapped together with our guests. Then I was suprised anew when Qing present a mic to me.

"What?"

He puts his lips against my ear, "She will play another song. Sing it," he said.

"Do I know the song?" I asked him. He nodded, "You used to sing it for my grandparents before."

"Ahh..." I nodded and smiled. Yuja Wang looked at me, silently asking if I am ready.

I nodded and she started playing.

It's another song by Teresa Tang. The Moon Represents my Heart.

I smiled to everyone, my eyes stopped to the Queen Dowager. Then I started singing...

"Nǐ wèn wǒ ài nǐ yǒu duō shēn, wǒ ài nǐ yǒu jǐ fēn. Wǒ de qíng yě zhēn, wǒ de ài yě zhēn, yuèliàng dàibiǎo wǒ de xīn..."

I saw the Queen Dowagers eyes turn teary and everyone there looked at her too. The public knew that this song is King Dao's song for his Queen Chun.

It talks about a love that will not change and how deep that love is.

I continued singing.

"Nǐ wèn wǒ ài nǐ yǒu duō shēn, wǒ ài nǐ yǒu jǐ fēn.Wǒ de qíng bù yí, wǒ de ài bù biàn, yuèliàng dàibiǎo wǒ de xīn..."

Qing went to his grandmother and took her hand to guide her to the dance floor. He danced with her. The Queen Dowager cried a little and Qing hugged her close. A lot of people in that ballroom were touched by that scene. I even saw Mr.Shouwei discreetly wipe his eyes while the Queen accepted the handkerchief and the hug the King gave her.