Suspect

(CHONG)

Friday. 9pm

I got a call from our police witness. He said he saw the woman who came to him and ordered/threatened him to hurt Dayu in the hospital.

When the call came, Lao and I were drinking and relaxing in a bar. But we have to get out of there to go to our witness. What he said is important. He saw the woman. Where?

"There..." the police point at the TV. "I saw her there. Then I search for her in the internet." The police said. "I asked for a laptop and your people, Mr.Chong, got it for me."

He showed us the screen of the laptop to see Princess Baozang on the screen.

"The Princess?" Lao was surprised. I frowned.

"No," the police said and point at the womab standing behind the Princess. "Her," he said.

"Baozang's Chief Maid?" Lao is still surprised. "What?" He took the laptop and gaze it the screen closely.

"Are you sure?" I asked our witness.

"Yes," he nodded. "Like I said, I will never forget her face. He threatened my children."

I nodded. Yeah. If someone threatened the people I love, I will never forget their faces too.

"But..." Lao was devastated.

"Why are you like that?" He is irritating me. "This is good news. We finally know our enemy..."

"Li Yi, that's her name, is like me and Dayu to Qing. Li Yi is Baozang's playmate and her Chief Maid, like me to Qing now. She is extremely loyal to Baozang. You have no idea...what is happening?" Lao is really shocked.

"What's happening is her threatening the Prince and she tried killing Dayu. That is what's happening Lao..."

"But why?! What will she gain? Fuck!" Lao put the laptop down and close his eyes in despair. "We grew up with Li Yi. I trained with her to be an assistant to the Royals. She...she loves Baozang! Why would she...?"

"Let's not bother ourselves with why." I said. "She is the only one who can answer your whys. But we have to get her first to question her."

"How?"

"Catch her," I said. Is that so hard?

Lao frowned at me. "With what evidence? Without catching her in the act or getting a solid evidence against her, it's gonna be her words against his," Lao points at out witness. "And let me tell you something about the people in the Palace, we are fiercely loyal to our own. Li Yi grew up in the Palace. She played on those grounds and Baozang loves her. Do you think they will take his words against hers? No. I don't even believe it myself because I watched that girl grew up. I trained with her. She is a good person..."

"Who tried killing your Consort," I said.

"Fuck!" Lao turned away from me and sighed heavenward. "We will need evidence..."

"How?" I asked him.

"I don't know," Lao sighed. "All I know is that Qing had to know this. He may know what to do..."