Safe House

(DAYU)

I carefully held the glass of water placed on my front by a burly looking guy in a black suit. I was about to drink it when I stopped.

"This is not poisoned, right?" I asked Khan who sat opposite to me.

We are inside a diner. Believe it or not, a freaking diner. No one is around aside from me, the King, Mr.Shouwei, the Mafia Boss and his guards and people. The diner is still closed.

Khan smiled at me, but his eyes are cold. He has an average height, I am even taller than him, and looks but his body gave an instant impact. He looked like an ex body builder who can bench pressed all of us while singing the National Anthem.

He continued to smile at me. "I have a gun, a knife and bare hands. Why will I poison you, when I have other ways to kill you more painfully," he said in a menacing tone.

I laugh like what he said is funny, "You are right," I agreed because that made a lot of sense and drank the whole glass of water. I feel parched. I look at the burly man who gave me the water, I presented the empty glass to him. "Can I have some more? It taste good, this water."

The burly man looked at Khan first who nod his head before he snarled and swipe the glass away from my hand.

I laugh again, "He doesn't like me," pertaining to the man getting me more water.

"You made him chase you for one whole hour when you tried to escape the first time," Chong reminded me.

"That was the first and the last time, man! I told you that already. It was all a big misunderstanding on your part. I was not running away, I was late for work," I look back at the man getting me water, "And is that him? You all look similar to me. Maybe if you will change your uniforms..."

"Let me kill him, Lei," Khan said to the King. "The little shit needed to be buried up to his chin..."

I shut up. And say thank you when my water came again.

"Dayu will be Qing's Consort, you cannot kill him." The King smiled fondly at me. "And he saved Qing's crown last night. I am grateful to him."

I cringed. Did I? Saved Qing's crown?

The King sighed, "I was about to strip the crown from your godson's head but Dayu reminded me that if Qing left the position, Baozang will suffer. For a moment, I forgot my daughter."

"So he saved Baozang too?" Khan asked. "Yes," the King said.

Khan looked at me differently, "He is not entirely useless then," he sneered.

"I will take that as a compliment," I said and gratefully bow to him.

The King looked at Khan, "We saw each other a month ago, why didn't you tell me that Qing had a transaction with you?" He asked his friend.

"I never thought that the little shit striked a deal with my godson. If I only knew..."

If he only knew...what? What will he do?

"Yes...you should have..." the King agreed.

He should have...what?! Jesus will they finish their sentences already! I will developed some complex because of these people.

I knew it, they are really planning to kill me!

"You cannot kill me!" I shouted to their utter shock and surprise. "Qing is already half way in love with me. And I will curse all of you. I will use my last dying breath to put a curse on all of you..." I threatened them.