Gone

(CHONG)

Something is going on in Lao's mind again. I knew he talked about something with Se Ong. My nephew is a mouthy brat. He is like Dayu in steroids. He is uncontrollable and volatile at times. Quite good for a man but sometimes a liability too.

But that is why I am here. To protect my nephew and niece. If they did something stupid, Uncle Chong is there to clean up their mess. That's why I want to build a security company. So I can monitor my nephew and niece and the other people I cherish.

Like Lao...who is being quiet as we get back inside the Royal Hotel.

The three of us get inside the elevator. The Prince had a nice nap inside the car. Peaceful as Lao and I remained quiet and no one opens up a new topic of conversation. The Prince looked refreshed and pleased with his life.

Nothing extraordinary about that. He just got married to the man he loves and got rid of the man he deems a threat to his family. Personally, I think the Prince should feel accomplished and he deserve to look please with himself.

When we got to the Royal Suite floor, the Prince dismissed the two Palace security. "Take the rest of the day off. I am here, the Consort's bodyguard is here, we can protect my spouse." He was all smile as he is urging the two personnel to leave.

Lao and I watch him in fascination. The Prince is floating in happiness. He is all smile as we piled inside the Royal Suite.

"What's not to be happy about? I am married to Dayu. We will have our honeymoon next week. Heise is gone. I am relieved that everything goes according to my plan." The Prince said.

"Of course," Lao nodded.

"Sure," I just seconded that. A bit doubtfully.

"What is my schedule for tomorrow?" The Prince asked Lao.

"A formal dinner at the Palace. That's it. Let the people see the two of you enter the Palace premises as a married couple..."

"Not hard to do. Dayu and I are married after all," the Prince winked. Lao and I are getting weirded out. Plus goosebumps. What in the name of...is the Prince high? Did he took something at the backseat while I was busy driving and Lao was busy ignoring me?

"Of course," Lao said in confusion to the Prince high spirit.

"Sure," I seconded that as well. Still in doubt.

"Take the day off too. Both of you," the Prince smiled at us.

"Even me?" I frowned. "What if..."

"What if what? I am here. I can take care of Dayu. In every way..."

"Oh my..." Lao winced and shook his head. I felt nauseated too. I will not look too deep on the "every way" term. "Qing ah..."

"Take some break," the Prince patted Lao's shoulder. "After today, we have a full week of schedules with interviews and TV appearances. Let's all take this day to rest and...stay in bed..." the Prince shrugged casually.

Right. Rest. While staying in bed. That's not so subtle at all.

Lao gave the Prince a knowing look, "Don't tire Dayu too much. You can do that on your honeymoon but not yet."

Wow. That's...direct to the point.

"Lao..."