Nostalgia

(DAYU)

So little had change on the Royal Residence if you look at it from the outside. The gate is still the same, tall, made of brass, dark in color with the dragon design.

Dragon, the sign of the King.

Lao manuevered the car to enter the main gate and into the long driveway.

The Royal Residence is inside a three hectares of land. With the palace situated in the middle. A three storey building with a total of 120 rooms including a huge wine cellar, a panic room, a secret vault, a theater room, a restaurant styled kitchen, a real life ballroom and a library with floor to ceiling shelves lined with books.

Aside from the palace itself, you will see the big garden inside the residence, complete with a fountain and a maze. A rose hot house and orchids farm.

The land also housed the Crown Prince Pavilion, Qing is probably occupying that space now. A man made river, a flower field and a garage that housed the thirty or more cars of the Royal Family.

This place is massive. And Dayu used to play and roam this play with the two people inside the car with him.

But as this place held good memories, it also remind him of a bitter past.

As the car stopped in the front of the main door of the palace, under a cemented awning, Dayu started having doubts about the smartness of this plan.

What in the world is he thinking collaborating with Qing and Lao to fool everyone and be engage with the Crown Prince? Qing is straight, people are suspecting him of having a constant girlfriend, who in hell will believe that they have a relationship?

My hand raised to touch the ring on the end of his necklace. A habit he developed whenever he feels nervous.

"I can't do this," I said faintly. Qing and Lao, who turn off the engine of the car, turned to me.

"Dayu?" Qing's tone had a worried note on it but I ignored him as I open the side door of the car and get out to take some air inside my lungs.

I can't breathe. I think I am having a sudden panic attack.

Except I don't have panic attacks and I never experienced stage fright before. That's why my parents and relatives call me shameless. I never felt shy to perform for anyone. Sing, dance, act...I can do those things in front of anyone shamelessly.

But this thing...acting as Prince Qing's fiance? What the hell?!

And this place...my eyes look around the wide front lawn of the palace. I laugh, this place reminds me of my grandfather and how he will take me to his work so I can see my two playmates.

But my grandfather died in shame and disgrace because of a lie. Prince Qing's lie. And now here I am, helping him to lie again to everyone.

Well done, Dayu! From promising to your grandfather that you will not lie again to making a deal with the Crown Prince to lie to everyone. You sure have grown up.

"Dayu," I didn't notice that Qing also jumped out of the car to come to my side. I was busy having a panic attack.

I look up to him. "What the hell Qing, are we really doing this?"

----------@----------

(QING)

I saw fear in Dayu's eyes are he looked around the lawn of the palace. In the trees and flowery shrubs to the clear morning sky.

Dayu is panicking. And this place...is making him remember long buried memories.

We used to play here. Run around, chase each other and hide onto bushes and behind the tree trunks. Our happy memories.

But also in this place, right where we are standing right now, fifteen years ago was the last time we saw each other. Dayu wearing mourning clothes as he looked at me with anger in his pretty eyes.

Now, emotions are mixing inside him. Nervousness, panic and nostalgia. He closed his eyes and took deep breathes.

"I don't think I can..."

I pulled him closer and hug him. "It will be okay, I am here." I murmured in his temple as Dayu sagged inside my arms. Leaning heavily on me, trusting me with his weight.

Lao looked at me and I nodded at him as I tighten my arms around Dayu. I took a deep breath and release it the same time Dayu exhaled. I matched his breathing. I can feel his heart beating inside his chest against mine.

"It will be alright, " I repeated.

Dayu let out a little laugh as he gently push me away to look up at me, "Are you really arrogant to think that just because you said it will be alright, that things will really be alright?" His forehead creased at he frown ar me.

I smirked down at him, "I am the Crown Prince. The King in Waiting. One day, I will be King and the sun will shine per my order. How will I order the sun if I will not be arrogant? It's in my blood, Dayu..."

"Arrogant jerk," Dayu mumbled but he let me hug him again. He somewhat felt good inside my arms. It feels nice to have him in my hold.

"Eherm," Lao cleared his throat and Dayu push me hard that I let him go. He ran his hands on his rumpled clothes and look at Lao. "I think...I just had my first panic attack."

Lao smiled at Dayu, "Understandable under the circumstances," he said kindly while giving me a puzzled look.

Before I can speak again a new and shrill voice entered our gathering.

"Dayu gege!"

My sister, Princess of the Crown Baozang came flying from the foyer to jump Dayu and hug him.

Dayu was surprised but he caught my sister and hefted her up to smile at her.

"Dayu gege! I miss you!" She exclaimed happily as she smiled and kiss Dayu soundly on his cheek.

"Poop!" Dayu laughed happily at my sister. Lao and I froze at Dayu's nickname for her.

Poop. Calling the Princess of the Crown, poop?

Baozang is twenty two now. A lady even if it doesn't show on the way she runs and jumps at people. But she is a petite girl, just 5'2, with a slender body, but granted she had an energy supply that can rival a whole football team.

Lao and I winced at that nickname, thinking Baozang will be offended as she always do when Lao and I call her that. She used to run after us, waving her dolls and promising to bash our heads with it if she caught us.

But instead of anger, Baozang smiled wider and hugged Dayu tighter.

"Dayu gege! I miss you calling me that! Why did you have to leave me with those two buttheads? I hate them! You are my best older brother," then she glared at me and Lao.

Dayu just laugh some more and twirl around with her in his arms.

"Dayu,"

Dayu stopped turning and he let Baozang go hastily as he looked up to the people on the door.

The King and Queen with the Queen Dowager.

My whole family.