Weird Friends

(LAO)

I found Crown Prince Qing sitting on the edge of his bed looking...bothered.

Which is not a good sign for me.

My job is...tiring to say the least. Being an assistant for the Crown Prince and following him and his Consort around is really hard.

If they will just be a bit more normal. You know...not crazy, then my job will be a lot easier.

But after the "almost accident" movie date night and the "twisting arm" speaking engagement yesterday, I am having this feeling that I am not getting paid enough. That the money I am making is not enough to compensate the stress of my daily job.

Now, my Prince is looking bothered and deeply thinking of something that I really, really don't want to know but...

"Lao, do you find Dayu attractive?" Qing asked.

Yes. I should file for a vacation leave soon. Maybe before this day ends.

"You guys will be weird again, right?" I groaned. "You guys will be difficult and weird again!"

Qing looked taken aback at my outbursts, "What is wrong with you?" He asked before standing up.

What is wrong...Wow! Did he really have no idea what is wrong with me?

Him and Dayu! They are what is wrong with me! Why can't they just pose as an engage couple and break up after the three month deal like all other couple I know?!

Okay, I don't know a lot of couple. I don't date either. This life I chose is not compatible to a man who wants to date. This job needs devotion.

Sigh. I really need a vacation away from them. Probably in the beach surrounded by bikini clad women.

Ah...my happy place.

"The only one acting weird here is you!" Qing woke me from daydreaming.

I nodded, "You are right. It is weird that I am still here and haven't resign yet."

"Lao! Can you get serious for one moment?!"

But I am serious! All the time! He is the one that won't take me seriously!

But telling him that, making him understand and arguing with Qing is like pouring water in a container with a hole on the bottom. It a waste of time and energy.

Not that my Prince is bad at understanding but Qing can be a bit selfish. Nothing extraordinary for someone of his station.

He is the Prince. He will be a King. It's understandable if he has an attitude or tendency to be selfish and sometimes think of himself first over other people.

But sometimes, I really want to resign if he is like this. Asking questions too enigmatic for me to answer.

"Dayu is attractive," I finally answer his question.

"Right!" He pointed at me and smiling happily. "You also saw it, right! I am not the only one that thinks he is attractive,"