Earthquakes

(QING)

I don't want to let go of Dayu's hand. Or leave his side.

He has been transfered from the emergency room to a private suite of the hospital. His room is spacious, we have privacy, and Dayu is the main concern of the hospital staffs.

Which makes me happy and Dayu embarrassed.

"I am fine now," he will say before smiling brightly at me. Our family and friends all over the spacious hospital room but I am the only one sitting on the edge of the hospital bed he lay on.

"You dangle from the twelfth floor of a building, stop saying you are fine," Baozang, nervously tapping her two inch heel shoe on the floor, said.

"You are fine, that is good." The Queen, my mother, nodded from her seat on the side of the room with the Queen Dowager. "But have a care to our hearts that did dropped from the twelfth floor my Consort. Please..."

Dayu paled a little, "I am sorry," he subduedly apologized.

"My Queen," the King sighed. "I think we should not talk about that incident for now. Both the kids pale everytime we remind them of what happened. We should all be thankful."

"I am thankful." The Queen snapped a little and her tone sharpened. Then she sighed. "I just cannot believe this is happening while their wedding day is getting closer. First, that zoo incident where they almost got trampled by those animals. Then now, Dayu almost fell on that building...why..."

My head snapped up at what she said. I turn to look at Chong and Lao who stood close to me next to the cabinet with the air humidifier. They gave me grave looks. I stared at them until they understand that I want to talk to them later.

But for now, I don't want to leave Dayu's side.

"Maybe we should leave and let Dayu rest," the Queen Dowager said before standing up. She came to Dayu's side and lean down to kiss Dayu's forehead. "You did well, staying alive. All of you," she look around the four of us while smiling. "We all come close to death in our lifetimes. Let this be a lesson. Qing, never bring your fiance on building inspections again. Let's not test fate anymore. Dayu's place is in the Palace. You are the King, roam around but leave your Consort on the Palace, take some time to miss each other, so you can have someone to go home to."

I nodded. Dayu blushed a little and smile when the Queen caressed his cheek and the King take his other hand. Baozang hugged Dayu, telling him that she still loves Dayu more than she loves me.

I can't even get angry at her.

Mr.Shouwei said, "Take care, my Prince's Consort. The Queen Dowager was right. You all did a good job," then he followed my family out of the room.

Leaving Dayu and me together with Lao and Chong inside the hospital room.

"Guys, clean up first. There's the bathroom and the Queen brought clothes. You should take off those dusty clothes," Dayu said.

"Here he goes again. Thinking of others first before himself," Chong snorted.

Dayu sighed, "We are in a hospital. Being clean is mandatory here. Germs are big no no's. I will get more sick being surrounded by dust from all your clothes. Wang Qing, let my hand go for a second, my back itches, I need it to scratch the itch,"

"I will scratch it for you," I said quickly.

"And that is my cue to change my clothes," Chong said before walking to get a paper bag with his name labeled on it. He entered a door and whistle, "Being rich has perks! This bathroom is the bomb!"