Family

(DAYU)

The King, Queen, Qing and I told Baozang the truth about our suspicion on her fiance.

At first, it was hard to convince the King to let go of his desire to protect his daughter from anymore betrayal. But Qing rallied for our reason that it will hurt Baozang more if she learned the truth, not from us, but from other people.

"She will feel more betrayed, Father. Imagine her thinking that we, her family, hide the truth from her. She will get angry and hurt. Because of us..." Qing said to the King and Queen.

The King close his eyes and look away from the truth his son uttered while the Queen look at me.

I nodded at her. I am actually banking on the Queen seeing logic first and having her on our side.

She didn't failed me.

"Qing is right, my King. Let's not hurt Baozang that way. If you really suspect Heise, she had to know. She had to be warned. What if your and our son's suspicions are right, what then? What if that man hurt our daughter and she was taken by surprise because she doesn't know anything. If anything bad happened to Baozang, I can't..." the Queen stood from her seat and turn away to hide her tears.

I went to her side to show my support on her. I look at Qing and the King who looked helpless at the sorrow of their Queen.

The King sighed defeatedly, "Let's tell her..." is his decision.

That is why we are here. In the most secured place in the Palace. The King and Queen's bedchamber. To tell Baozang the truth without anyone disturbing us. To disturb the King's bedchamber while something important is happening inside is a treasonous crime.

Yeah...scary...I know.

Baozang, predictably, was stunned when she heard our suspicion on her fiance.

She looked at all of us, "This is not joke, right? You guys are not joking..." she slumped on her seat when the King nodded.

"Baozang," The Queen transfered from the long sofa beside the King to the settee where her daughter is sitting. "Listen first to your brother's explanation before you react, okay?"

"But Mother..."

"Baozang," the Queen held her daughter's hand. "Listen carefully. I know this will hurt, but listen and then you will hear what you want to hear,"

"And what is that?" Baozang's eyes are filled with tears. "How Li Yi and Heise betrayed me? How they go behind my back to cheat on me?" Her tone held anger, fear and hurt.

"No," the Queen shook her head. "You will hear the concern and love your father and brother has for you. That is why they are doing everything they can to confirm the truth and to make sure you will not get hurt more. That is why we are saying this thing to you. Telling you the truth. So you will not get hurt more. So your heart will be ready in case it turns out to be the truth..."

Baozang's tears fell and the Queen hugged her daughter. We all waited for Baozang to calm down first before Qing told her everything from the beginning. Even my "accidents"

The Queen was surprised to hear them all too. She and Baozang paled.

"Dayu ah," the Queen stood up to come to me. "This is all happening and you..."

"We don't have any solid evidences yet, my Queen..." I replied shyly.

"Wang Qing," the Queen turned to Qing who sighed regretfully. "You are right, Mother. I am failing to protect my fiance,"