Chocolates

(DAYU)

Dinner is a nice affair. Together with the other guests, we sat around the two long tables laden with food in stylish and pretty settings. The platings of the food are artistic as well.

I had a piece of lamb smothered in some flavorful sauce. I enjoyed it. The talk around the table was mainly about arts. The different mediums they use and they listen to Qing's thoughts about how they can make sure a lot more people can see and appreciate their arts.

He promised to talk to the King about giving more attention and incentives on artists and the Fine Arts course.

The artists around the table seem satisfied. Homegrown artists and arts is something the Royal Family is passionate about. That is why they only commisioned Chinese artists and artworks in their hotels. Traditional designs and themes are used on the hotel to promote Chinese arts to different Nationalities that will visit the hotels.

It's to show their support for the artists in this country.

Dessert came and I feel happy that I can indulge myself because this is not a formal Royal dining. True to the Queen's warning, when dining in the Palace in a formal setting, I stand up from the table when it's time for dessert and bourbon for the men. Qing and his father, the King, favors bourbon and they usually urge the other male guests on the Palace to indulge with them after dinner.

My sweet tooth is getting used to being deprived of dessert.

But tonight, those chocolate truffles look delicious so I indulged a bit. Qing let me and enjoyed watching me ate even his share.

I teased him a little by curling my tongue on my fingers as I ate those truffles. Seeing his eyes darkened in desire was my reward.

After the scrumptous dinner, all the guests gather on the hall so the bidding can start. But we are only on the third item when I started not feeling right.

I feel my vision blurring a little and my head feeling lightheaded.

"Excuse me," I lean closer and whisper to Qing. "I think I need to go out for a bit and breathe some fresh air. I feel stuffy..."

Qing smiled, "It's because you eat a bit too much during dinner. Let's get out, I think I want fresh air too."

I chuckled and gave him a suspicious look, "You will try to kiss me outside, right? You will try to seduce me again. I knew it. I will not blow you on public, Wang Qing,"

Qing laughed and we stood up. He excused us from everyone saying that we need some air.

But in every step I make, my head felt more light and I swayed a little.

"Dayu ah," Qing steadied me. "What is going on?"

I turn to look at him but he is blurry in my eyes. I think there is a hundred Qing in front of me. "I...don't..."

I fainted.

--------@--------

(QING)

I caught Dayu before he fell to the ground. His eyes closed. He has thin sweats in his forehead and neck. Dayu is pale.