Postponement

(DAYU)

The Queen, Queen Dowager and Baozang came back when the week started. The King, Qing and I welcomed them.

The King and Qing had talked privately after my visit to Li Yi. He confessed everything to the King about our suspicions and convinced his father to let Qing solve the problem.

I waited for Qing in the Prince's Pavilion. When he came, I welcomed him with a kiss and lots of questions.

"What did your father said?" I asked as we got ready to sleep.

"He is trusting me. But he said he will also conduct an investigation on his own. We are talking about Fa Heise here. The son of the President of the country. Yes, we maybe more influential and definitely richer than them but connection wise, he also have connections. My father is reminding me to be cautious..."

"But he is supporting you?" I asked, a bit worried.

"Dayu ah," Qing sat on the bed and caressed my cheek. "My father will always be on our side. Remember that. We are a family. To the Wangs, family is honor, pride and strength. Family is power. Let me tell you a secret, my father may threaten me or he may tell me what to do from time to time, but he will never abandon me. Why? Because I will be the future King. Once we have a son of our own, you will see, we will raise him the same way. With equal care and strictness. Trust my father...he won't let me down because he won't let history wrote it that his son will be the downfall of the Royal Family. He will always support me."

I gazed at Qing's eyes. "And will you also support our son the same way?"

"Yes," Qing's face turn grim. "I will not let my son bring shame to this family. My son will not be the failure that will bring down the Wang name. History will not make a laughingstock out of me and our son. A Prince is his King's pride. A King makes sure that he will leave a strong King on the helm once he left the throne. For my father, I am his pride. When I took the throne and reign successfully, history will praise not just me but my father as well. Do you understand? Leaving the throne doesn't mean your reign ended. As a King, I will be judged before I sat on the throne, during my reign and through my son who will inherit it. That's why you are important to this family and to me. You will train the King that will reign after me. This will be a lot of pressure but, you have to make sure to train our son well, or risk bringing shame to my name and to yours,"

Qing hugged me. I lean against him.

Yes, it's too much pressure. Being a spouse of the King means a delicate role of shaping the future. Our names will go down in history as King and Consort. And our name will still be mentioned once our son took the throne.

Family is power. Family is pride. For the Royal family, it means more.

"What will be your next move?" I asked Qing after moments of silence.

"I will take a leaf out of your book. I will face Heise. Look straight into his face as I told him that his plan will never work." Qing answered.

I lean out so see his eyes, "So you are convinced that it's really him? No more doubts in your mind?"

Qing frowned. "Let's say I am 90% sure of our theory. But no matter what, even if it's Heise or anyone else, I want them to know they cannot shake me. I am the Crown Prince, nothing can push me from my throne. I will never let anyone even try. If anyone start thinking of threatening me and my position, I will nip that in the bud. Heise should be grateful I am not one hundred percent sure yet. Once I confirmed everything and made sure that he is the one behind the attempts on your life, no one can save him. No humans, no Gods...no one can help him."