Pressure

(QING)

"Dayu ah. Dayu ah..." I kept calling his name. But Dayu's eyes remained close as we ran the length of the hospital corridor to get him to the surgery room.

"Dayu! Dayu!" The hospital staff stopped me from goinf further as they wheeled Dayu beyond the glass double door of the surgery room. The lights on top of it showed that an operation is going on.

Mr.Feng is beside me. He too ran with the stretcher that held Dayu.

Lao and Chong came running to my side as the double door opened and a doctor in a scrub and mask appeared. The doctor took off his mask.

"The bullet broke and embedded on one of his ribs but side from that, no other major vessels was teared up. What we are afraid at this point is blood loss and infection. The Consort is slightly dehydrated and his blood pressure is unstable due to stress and the blood he lost. But that's not the worst that could have happened so we are grateful..."

Yes, if that bullet teared Dayu's lung or, God forbids, his heart. Then we have a disaster in our hands.

"He will be okay?"

"Yes, your Highness. We are already preparing him for a surgery to extract the bullet from the inside. I just gave you an update on his condition. Excuse me," the doctor nodded before going back to the surgery room.

"Thank God!" Lao bend his body and crouched down in relief. Chong sighed upward in relief as well.

I look at Mr.Feng who nodded at me. This is not the ideal situation we hoped for but we got Dayu back. And he will be fine even though he got shot.

That's all that matters. I turn to Chong. "Talk to me," I said as I walk away from the surgery room's glass double door. Chong followed me. "How is Shunu?"

"A graze on her shoulder. She is in another hospital. The police are stationed there with her parents. I have my own people standing by."

"You know what to do, right?"

Chong look at me and nodded. "Good," that plan is still on going. "I cannot leave Dayu. So I will leave her in your hands."

"Heise?" Chong asked.

I shook my head. "I want to do that myself," I said.

"Okay..." Chong nodded as Lao came to us. "What is going on?" He asked.

"Nothing," Chong said. "Stay with your Consort. I have to talk to Khan," and he left while fishing out his phone from his pocket.

"I already updated my uncle about what happened. The family is on the way here..."

"Stop them," I chimed in. Lao was surprised. "What do you mean?"

"I will take Dayu home after his surgery. He can take a rest in the Palace. I don't want any ruckus here..."

"But Qing..."

"I don't want my marriage to Shunu to go out in public. She..."

"It's already out Qing," Lao interjected sadly to what I am saying.

"What?" Lao handed me his phone and a news portal site was on it with a headline about my marriage. "It looks like before coming after you, she took a picture of the contract inside the temple and leaked it out. Until the end, she is crazy..."

"Fuck!" I close my eyes.

"Should I still stop the family from coming here?" Lao asked hesitantly.