At the Cinema

(DAYU)

The softball game with the toddlers is just the start. Since then, Qing and I became a constant news on TV and newspapers.

The titles on those news were nuts.

"The Crown Prince and his Consort."

Like it's a done deal. Like Qing and I are already married.

"Their chemistry cannot be denied. Crown Prince Qing and his soon to be Consort are sweeping the whole country by storm with their sweet and fun filled moments. From playing a softball game with kids to attending charity balls. From visiting their chains of hotels to simply having tea outside a cafe. These two will be seen snatching glances at each other. Smiling and laughing at each other's antics. From stealing cookies to kicking each other's chairs and feet. Crown Prince Qing looks smitten on his childhood friend and it looks like soon to be Consort Jian Yu is feeling the same."

That an example of a positive review. Goosebumps inducing in sweetness.

The negative ones are brutal and teeth cringing too.

"The Crown Prince and his farce fake "fiance" was seen holding hands outside the hotel owned by the Royal Family. Did they spent the night together? Who would believe that the manly Prince is suddenly gay for his old friend? "Soon to be Consort" Jian Yu came from nowhere, no one is even sure if he is real. Is he even human? Or someone the Royal Family invented to hoodwinked the people in thinking that the Prince will have a Consort instead of a Queen. Marrying a commoner instead of a rich noble. Is the Royal Family capitalizing with the fact that people find the royalty-commoner connection romantic? And are they not worried on seeing the Prince holding another man's hand? What about heirs? A man cannot bear the next Crown Prince or a Princess, right? We don't know but all we can say is...this show is not impressing us. What is the Crown Prince playing at? Did he know that this lie engagement can cost him his crown?"

"Can it cost you your crown?" I asked Qing as we stand in front of a cinema snack bar. A new superhero adventure movie had came out and the Crown Prince will not miss it. His words, not mine.

"No," Qing simply replied. "Do you want soda or lemonade?"

"Lemonade, thanks." I frown, "What are the circumstances that can make you lose your crown?"

"If I commit an unpardonable crime. Like sell military informations to other country or kill a member of the Royal Family." Qing smiled at the person manning the snack bar. "One lemonade, one soda and a large size..."

"Extra large..." I interjected. He looked at me. "I love popcorn," I said.

He sighed and look back at the cinema personnel. "And an extra large size popcorn."

I tiptoed to whisper to his ear, "With lots of cheese,"

"With lots of cheese," he repeated to the personnel. "Anything else?"

I nodded, "And a bag of potato chips, two chocolate bars. Make my lemonade large and do you guys have gummy bears?" I asked the personnel who gave me a perturbed look.

Qing yanked me to put me behind him. "Just the soda, extra large popcorn and large lemonade. Nothing else,"

"But I want gummy bears!" I whined.

"No!"

I pouted at him. He shook his head. I pouted some more and turn my back on him. Lao and Baozang who ordered before us smiled at me awkwardly.