Solution

(LAO)

33 hours after the kidnapping

It's a big meeting. The King is present. The Queen is there. The Crown Prince, Qing, is quiet in his seat. I am there, Chong too. Dayu's parents are also there. My uncle stood next to the King. Khan, Chong's brother, is also present.

We are all here except for Baozang who is entertaining the Queen Dowager so the old queen will stop asking after the health of the Consort. For the Queen Dowager still thinks that Dayu is down with flu.

We are all dead if the Queen Dowager realized that her favorite, Dayu, is missing. She will kill us all in guilt and shame. I have no doubt on that.

The topic at hand: Shunu's demand that Qing marry her in exchange for Dayu's safety.

"Out of the question," the Queen said steely. "I will never take that woman under my wings..."

"My Queen," the King stopped her. "We all know how much you adore the Consort so..." he winced to his wife.

"Well, I am just saying. If Qing will marry that woman, he better not step foot on this Palace again," the Queen is in a tizzy.

We all sighed. "But we are talking about Dayu's safety." Chong chimed in. "Let the Prince marry the crazy woman, then he can divorce her..."

"Divorce?!" The Queen was scandalized. I moaned and glared angrily at Chong. "Young man, let me tell you, divorce is never permitted here in the Palace..."

Chong sighed, "But divorce is legal here in China. I say let the Prince take full advantage of that law. Marry the bitch and divorce her afterwards..."

I smack Chong's side arm when the Queen and Dayu's mother were scandalized by his words. "Can you please watch your words? There are ladies present..."

Chong glared at me before sighing and turning away. I shook my head, he lacks certain ability to get mixed in polite society. I blame his older brother for not teaching Chong properly.

Well, I will teach him if I have to. He cannot blunder his way here in the Palace. Ladies are abundant here. He must learn how to curve his tongue when he is in a presence of a lady. Especially the Queen and Queen Dowager.

We look at Qing who keeps on being quiet as he gazed on his phone in front of him, lying on top of the conference table.

"Qing, what are you thinking?" I asked him.

"Is Dayu sleeping naturally or is Shunu drugging him?" He answered subconciously. He licked and bit his lips in worry.

The Queen and Dayu's mother both whimpered at the thought of Dayu being drugged to slumber.

"Really, Qing?" I want to smack him too. Now I have to teach two people on how to speak properly in front of mixed companies.

"Does it matter?" Dayu's father stated. We all looked at him. "As long as we are sure that Dayu is alive. And as long as we know what we need to do to save him, then our path is clear and sure..."

"Xin," Dayu's mother gasped. "You are not suggesting that the Prince marry that woman..."

"Well what else can we do?" Dayu's father asked. "That's her demand for our son's life."

"I won't permit it," The King said. Dayu's father threw dagger looks at our sovereign, "And you will left my son in the hand of that crazy woman? Who is the ex of your son. You will let Dayu suffer for Qing's fault..."