Pretty Rose

(SHUNU)

"I am not crazy, Mama! Qing really married me. Look!" I passed the marriage contract Qing signed to my mother. Even with bandages on my shoulder because I got shot during that altercation after my wedding, I never let go of this contract.

This is the document that will prove that Qing married me.

My mother, a renowned artist, gave me a sad look. "The seal the Prince used is not the Crown Prince seal. The Princess gave her permission for her brother to use her seal. The King told us. That document is invalid, Shunu ah..."

"No! NO!" Qing will never do that to me. I gaze down at the document. To the royal blue stamp of the Royal seal there. It's the Crown Prince seal. I heard Qing asked his guard dog Lao for his seal. And Lao reluctantly handing it over. Lao doesn't want to give up the seal but he didn't had any choice because Qing asked for it. Why? Because it's the Crown Prince's seal! That's why.

I am not crazy.

No, I am not.

I am a Princess now. A Queen in Waiting. I will live in the Palace with Qing and I will bear the next King in Waiting. Then my revenge will be completed. My son will be the next King.

"Mama..."

"Enough Shunu!" My father shouted. My mother flinched at the loud sound he produced but not me. I am not afraid of him. My parents are both useless. They had me so they can have someone that will inherit their fortune and talent. But they always look at me like I am a big disappointment.

Well, look who is the disappointment now?! I am the Queen in Waiting. I have more power and influence than them combined.

He cannot shut me up.

"No! You shut up! YOU SHUT UP!!!" I kneel on the bed and pointed at my father who looked taken aback at my attack. "You are an imbecile! I am the Queen in Waiting. I already killed Feng Jian Yu! Qing will come back to me now! I AM NOT CRAZY!"

Two orderlies in scrub came to my bed and tried to subdued me but I fought them. I am tired but I fought them. I haven't sleep well for two months now but I fought them.

I am not crazy! I am not crazy.

"I am the Queen! I am not crazy! Let me go! This is treason! I am the Queen..."

"Shunu ah! Stop fighting..." my mother cried but she is useless too. She never gave me happiness or praise. She is just content to give me money so I can have the best education and art materials so I can concentrate on my arts.

She is an imbecile too. Both of them. Both my parents!

"Imbeciles! Useless pieces of shits! The both of you!" I screamed at them as the two male orderlies overpowered me and tie me to the hospital bed. But I still fought them. "I will have you prosecuted! I will behead all of you! I am the Queen! The mother of the next King..."

"Shunu," my mother continued to cry.

"Wang Qing! Your Majesty! You cannot do this to me! I am your Queen!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I felt the prick of needles on my side arm.

I am not crazy! I am not...

My eyelids grew heavy. And everything went blank.

                   --------@--------

(CHONG)

Everything is set. Everything is ready. All that I need is count the minutes for the night to deepen before I can move.