Strongest Basket

(LAO)

Fa Heise.

I felt the same satisfaction that Qing must be feeling now. The man who tried to kill Dayu a lot of times, kidnapped and put a gun against Baozang, is chained inside a cage meant for animals.

Now, that is a satisfying view. And the fear on Heise's eyes as he looks at us, an added bonus.

Qing turn to me. "Lao, can you talk to me for a minute?" He asked me.

I look at Chong. Qing shook his head. "Just you," he said.

I nodded and followed my Prince. I heard Chong started talking to his nephew and the serious man on the table. Qing took me to the side and gaze at me seriously.

"Do you want to stay as I kill Heise or you want to leave for a while?" Qing asked without any preamble.

My eyes widened. "You..."

"Or I will make Chong do it. The options are there. But the point is, Heise will die today. Are you on board on that?" He asked me.

My King is contemplating killing a man. Murdering him. I look at Heise inside the cage then back at Qing.

"He is a danger we cannot afford, right?" I asked Qing.

Qing nodded. "After my honeymoon with Dayu, the Royal Family and Counsel will start hounding us about heirs, Lao. Heirs. Children. Your future godchild. I cannot have Heise threatening my children now, can I? He had to go."

I stared at Qing. Read his eyes. Then I nodded. "Get rid of him," I said. "And I will be behind you all the way."

Qing nodded, "Do you want to witness it?"

Do I want to watch my King kill someone? Or Chong for that matter? I turn my head to look at Chong who also chose that time to gaze at us. Our eyes met for a moment.

I shook my head, "Not now," I said to Qing. Qing smiled and nodded before patting my shoulder. He understood.

I don't know about my Uncle Shouwei. I don't know what kind of things he had witnessed all through these times that he work as the Aide of the King. But as this moment stands, I am not comfortable to watch Qing kill someone.

Maybe to be my King's defense when someone accused him. I can say I cannot incriminate my King as I don't really see him killing someone with my own two eyes.

Maybe someday, I will ready for that. But not yet today.

I look at Qing. "There are some things I must not see, right? Things I can be aware of but not see. Things you have to do without me."

Qing slowly nod, "I cannot put all my eggs in one basket, Lao. I have to protect you too. Protect you, Dayu, Chong, Baozang, my family, the Royal throne. This country. I have to be selfish and take ten or more basket. But let me assure you, you are my strongest basket. The biggest. The one I trust the most to hold my precious secrets. Dayu, he will hold my heart. You, will hold my secrets."

I nodded. I hugged my friend. Qing hugged me back. "I will wait outside." I pat his back before we let go of each other and walk back to Chong with the men who holds our parcel.

"Lao will wait outside," Qing told Chong who nodded and look at me. "Will you be okay?" He asked.

I smiled at him. "Absolutely," I said.