Kissing

(CHONG)

We quietly collected empty bottles of liquors, shot glasses and empty plates plus utensils from the available surfaces of the living room. Lao is not even looking at me while he swept off most of the glitters and confettis from the table top and chairs around.

I know because I kept on looking at him and I never once caught him looking at me.

Which basically means I am fucked. He doesn't like that kiss in the kitchen to happen. Well, at least initially, but I kinda force it because he looks really good and I want to kiss him.

Who knew Dayu will walk in on us and see us? Not me. I was busy dipping my tongue in Lao's mouth. Tasting his bourbon laced mouth and checking his tonsil.

That was some kiss.

And Lao controlled it by the end so, he was into it too.

But still, I started it and yeah, he might be blaming me.

When the living room looks relatively sane again, we all sat down. Lao and I on the other ends of the long sofa while the Prince opted to sit on a solo armchair.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee assailed my nostrils when Dayu came back with a tray filled with coffe cups, coffee pot and containers with cream and sugar.

He is turning out to be a good host. The Queen is training him well.

Dayu even knew how the Prince likes his coffee. Putting a little amount of cream and sugar on it before passing the cup to his Prince who took it graciously.

"Thank you, love." The Prince sipped his coffee while Lao stirred his subconciously. I just drank mine. No need for sugar or cream, I like my coffee as black as sin.

Silence. Still silence. The only sounds in the room is the stirring of spoons on cups and slow sipping of hot coffee.

I feel sober already.

Fuck.

For once, Dayu is keeping mum. Waiting for his Prince to speak. Since when did he started learning to be circumspect about tension filled situations?

He is learning, I guess.

The Prince crossed his legs and gently put down his coffee cup. "Personally, I don't care." He said. Lao flinched and woke up from La la land when he heard his Prince's voice.

"Really?" I frowned.

"Yes," the Prince nodded. He waves his hand. "You two can kiss, fuck, get married and have kids, I cannot interfere on that. It's your lives. I don't like people telling me what to do with my life, why will I tell others how to live theirs?"

"But..." Dayu, who is sitting on the other solo armchair next to his Prince, quited down when the Prince gave him a warning stare. The Prince took one of his Consort's hand in his. "But Dayu is concern so I have to ask. What is going on between the two of you?"

Lao turned to me. I sighed and gesture to him, "You tell them and I will agree to whatever you say,"

I am giving Lao the upper hand. What happened in the kitchen is my fault. I want to do the gentlemanly thing and let him lead this time.