Chapter 23

Title: A Chilling Bout 2/2

-Chapter Start-

''Sandstorm is in effect which helps boost the Sp. Defense of Rock-Types.'' Isaiah thought.

''Allow me to help you out.'' Isaiah looked surprised when his Rotom Phone spoke.

''What?''

''This is a chance to record a battle with Articuno.'' 

''Okay?'' Isaiah shook his head and ordered.

''Gigalith! Stone Edge!'' 

Gigalith roared, summoning its pillar of sharp stone which Articuno simply flew higher to evade the attack.

''Damn. If it's in the air then use Rock Slide!'' 

Articuno evaded all the rocks with much ease but was effected by the Sandstorm.

Articuno shot an Ice Beam.

''Chandelure! Help out and use Flamethrower!'' 

''Lure!"

Chandelure once again blocked Articuno's attack to defend Gigalith.

''Use Rock Slide! Flamethrower!'' 

Articuno was hit by both attacks but still was unable to do decent damage as it screeched, flapping its wings.

A rainbow aura surrounded Articuno.

It looked very beautiful and majestic.

''Stone Edge!'' 

Articuno easily dodged it.

''Gr! Use Rock Slide.''

The attack connected against Articuno but unlike before, the attacks were not as effective but still some noticeable damage was done to it.

''What is that aura?'' 

''Allow me.'' Rotom cheerfully threw herself in, explaining.

''Aurora Veil, a non-damaging Ice-Type move. It summons the barrier to help withstand both physical and special attacks, it is like Reflect and Light Screen but at the same time. However, it could only be activated in Hail.'' 

''In the hail? But it's not hailing anymore and Sand Stream is in effect.'' Isaiah didn't understand as he glanced around.

''Does not compute.'' Even Rotom seemed confused which she shook herself a bit, not liking that she doesn't have an answer to.

''I got to think fast because.....''

Articuno blew a massive Blizzard which pushed Gigalith back.

The attack was much ferocious but Heatran roared and used Heat Wave, managing to counter the Blizzard.

''It's the field.'' 

''Does not compute.''

''Look at the field. It's all befitting for Ice-Types, specifically Articuno created for it to thrive in. In a condition like this, it's very likely the move Hail is not needed for Aurora Veil to activate.'' 

''Does not....this is not logical but I shall absorb this information for further research.''

Isaiah stared at Rotom for a bit before shaking his head.

''Rock Blast!''

''Rith!'' Gigalith summoned small glowing rocks, shooting them at Articuno but the attack just didn't do nothing against the barrier.