Chapter 54

Title: Strategy, Power and Speed: An Evolutionary Start

-Chapter Start-

Isaiah was dripping with sweat at the butchery of Frenzy Plant, his Venusaur's strongest attack.

''How do you like that boy? Ain't my partner strong?'' Clay taunted as his Excadrill grinned.

''Use Sleep Powder!''

''I don't think so! Excadrill! Blow that away with Rapid Spin.'' 

Excadrill used Rapid Spin again but the power behind the Rapid propelled so much force of air like a giant fan, blowing away the Sandstorm.

''Ugh! You're such a hypocrite!'' 

''Huh? Salty?'' Clay mocked with his hand on his ear.

''You said forget about strategy and attack head on?'' 

''I'm not using strategy with Excadrill. He don't need no boost besides, if he had then this wouldn't be a battle.'' Clay grinned.

''What the hell does he mean by that?'' Isaiah growled.

Kyle knew.

''It's simple and it's what makes dad's Excadrill terrifying. If dad pursed further on his trainer career than his job then he would have became Champion but since I was born, he focused more on me and mom.'' Kyle thought.

''Never mind! Excadrill! Use Stone Edge!'' 

To Isaiah's horror, Excadrill summoned much giant sharp stone pillars that hit the ceiling by a slight tip due to how much danger it would cause to everyone.

''Dodge it and use Sunny Day!'' 

Venusaur leaped out of the way and called up the Sunny Day, giving more light to the room.

''Solar Beam!'' 

Venusaur powered up the attack instantly and fired it point blank at Excadrill who didn't dodge it.

''I don't need to say this myself Excadrill.''

Excadrill understood and simply used Rapid Spin, tanking the attack.

''Solar Beam again!''

''This again?'' Clay grinned as Venusaur used it the attack again which again Excadrill blocked again.

When the debris cleared to reveal Excadrill pulling away his arms to the side to look at Venusaur only to find Venusaur in front of Excadrill much to the surprise of Clay.

''Weather Ball!'' 

Venusaur from her bulb gathered energy from the Sunny Day, turning into a red cloudy energy and shot it into Excadrill's face, blasting him back.

''Solar Beam!''

Excadrill swept off the Weather Ball and next got hit clean by the Solar Beam.

''Yes!'' Isaiah got a hit in.

''Not bad.'' Clay praised.

The ground began to shake like mad, causing everyone to tumble all except Clay who laughed.

The clear smoke to reveal a giant hole.

''It dig underground?!'' 

Isaiah could feel the field around them shake.

There was a problem.

He couldn't pinpoint where Excadrill is hiding within the ground because the ground was rumbling loudly from beneath and due to its size....