Chapter 36

Title: Return to Alola

-Chapter Start-

''Machoke is unable to battle! Krokorok is the winner! The victory goes to Isaiah!'' Don George who coincidentally looked a lot like the Don George of Nimbasa City.

Isaiah's opponent whimpered, breaking into tears as he returned Machoke and ran off.

''Poor kid.''

''That's about the 7th time I battled that kid. It's great and all for many trainers around to show up but there are mostly locals who have been giving me the call.'' Isaiah blankly said.

''I'm most impressed that is your consecutive 151th win in the past week.''

Isaiah scratched his head over the amount of battling he has gone through but none of them were even worth the time since they were the locals again, trainers who were struggling against the Gym Leader and those who just started.

The only times he ever struggled battling was when he uses Zigzagoon.

He switches in between Pokemon so they can all have a chance to battle, not including his Legendaries.

1. The Frillish Army: Something he still needs to work on.

2. The Larvesta's: They were babies and timid.

3. Kabuto and Omanyte: They didn't like to battle but he has their evolved forms.

4. Zorua: Obvious reasons, she rather avoids conflict.

5. Yamask: Still he is cautious about it.

Battling these trainers is only good for Zigzagoon but for the rest of his Pokemon?

They weren't growing at all if they keep battling weaklings.

''I don't want to keep battling the local trainers. They always challenge me everyday but I have no time to waste with them unless they actually take the time to train. Can you please keep that in mind?'' 

''For sure I will. Speaking of which, there is a tournament coming up where we have 16 trainers compete for a grand prize. I was wondering if you are interested?'' Don George asked.

''A tournament? Sure.'' 

''Great, just so happens Visquez, the acting Gym Leader of Vermilion is going to be competing.'' 

Isaiah raised his eyes at the mention of the ''Gym Leader''.

A few days ago.

-Flashback-

Isaiah exited the Battle Club after hours of clobbering trainers.

''Hey you! Isaiah, right?'' Isaiah stopped and turned his head to find a muscular woman with spiky hair, wearing army clothing, accompanied by two other muscular looking men and a Raichu who seemed to be flexing.

''Can I help you?'' 

The woman closed her eyes before pointing at Isaiah.

''I am Visquez, the current acting Gym Leader of Vermilion. I have heard a lot of things from many of the locals that you are quite the trainer challenging other Gym Leaders and including one of Kanto's.''

''And?''

''The fact you live here yet you had the nerve to not challenge this city's Gym?''

''I do intend when the original Gym Leader returns.'' 

''And what is wrong with challenging me?''