Chapter 27

Title: Start of Ruin(The Ruination Arc)

-Chapter Start-

(Isaiah's P.O.V)

''Why are you following me?'' I asked while on Dragonite soaring through the Desert Resort.

Cindy was flying on top of a Skarmory.

''Aren't you a Fire-Type trainer?''

''I realized everyone would be gunning for water, rock and ground Pokemon to use against me so I've been catching a bunch of different types to help me in the long run. I'm not picky.'' She revealed.

I stared around the landscape of the desert.

It's really....deserted.

Dragonite stopped so suddenly while at high speeds that he sent me flying in the air.

''Catch him Blaziken!'' Cindy threw out Blaziken who leaped into the air to catch me.

''What the hell happened?'' Cindy asked as Blaziken let me down, causing me to glare at Dragonite who was facing away.

I would have yelled but I realized soon Dragonite looked like he sensed something.

Probably something powerful to catch his attention.

It was really difficult convincing Dragonite earlier.

-Flashback-

''Roh...'' Dragonite laid lazily, ignoring me.

I was in disbelief while Cindy was snickering.

''Are you saying you will only listen if you battle strong opponents? Not to help with chores or anything else?'' I asked with a deadpanned look.

Dragonite nodded before falling asleep.

I facepalmed.

I should have expected this from a Dragonite who bullied much of his colony and is a battle freak.

So much of a battle freak that battle is the only thing that is in his mind, most of the time.

I still think he cares about Dratini.

I had an idea.

''But Dragonite, there is a chance something powerful could be lurking in Desert Resort. If I can find this worthy opponent. I'll let you have first hands against it.'' I offered, getting Dragonite's attention.

-Flashback End-

I just hoped there was something powerful so Dragonite won't feel like I betrayed his trust which will make him even more disobedient.

''Brava! Brava!'' 

We turned to find multiple flying Pokemon passing by us which Dragonite looked for a bit before turning his head away.