Chapter 63

Title: Greatest Defense 

-Chapter Start-

''Krookodile, you keep me covered. I don't know how much more this Registeel can do.'' Krookodile nodded as she stood guard as Gyarados took his place confronting Registeel.

The rain was still up.

''I battled Regirock a month or two or ago. My Pokemon aren't the same as before. Registeel has to be as strong as Regirock.'' 

I had to play smart.

I wanted to try out everyone before Regirock.

''Gyarados! Keep Registeel away! Use Hydro Pump!'' 

Gyarados fired the splashed of water, hitting Registeel but it stood still, tanking the attack but it fired a weak beam of electricity, getting Gyarados wincing before shaking it off.

Registeel had that aura that signified it had a power up.

''Charge Beam, every time it hits. It raises the Sp. Attack of a Pokemon.'' 

This is trouble.

''Gyarados! Use Dragon Dance!'' 

Gyarados spun around, enveloping himself in the red/blue/black energy, powering up his Attack/Speed-Stats.

''Aqua Tail!''

Gyarados swung his tail but Registeel used Stone Edge to block.

I expected the rocks to be destroyed.

Instead Gyarados cringed and pulled back.

I saw the pain in his eyes as I stared at the ''stone'' which I noticed were more grayish and shinier in color.

''Is that iron?'' I thought, looking around myself as I tapped the ground, realizing it felt much harder and sleeker than stone.

I remembered what the story of the people who ran with a steelworks. 

''The army with the greatest defense but lacks with speed.'' I thought.

I heard they were rich in utilizing iron, making steel and they fancied Steel-Types.

This Registeel can utilize the rocks mixed iron in this area and the whole temple was made from the same material.

Registeel used Flash Cannon, hitting Gyarados.

''Hydro Pump!'' 

Gyarados shrugged off the not super effective attack and hit Registeel but it didn't budge and it used Stone Edge, cutting away the Hydro Pump and nailed Gyarados directly in the jaw, sending him falling over hurt.

Registeel used Hyper Beam.

''Block with Stone Edge!'' 

Krookodile utilized the same iron rock mixed material or whatever it was, since it might have to do with Registeel's creation considering it's unknown what it's body is made out that makes it so different from other metals.

It blocked the Hyper Beam but unlike Gyarados who wasn't able to crush it got obliterated.

''Here's our chance! Earthquake!''

Krookodile slammed the ground, causing it to erupt and enveloped Registeel, creating an explosion of debris, pushing back Registeel as unlike the ground that was over this particular material, it felt back into place.

Earthquake isn't a move where it causes a massive powerful earthquake without purpose because Krookodile can manipulate the direction where the Earthquake heads in a particular and certain width of the ground that shakes without destroying everything around.