Chapter 38

Title: A Dark-Type Match-Up

-Chapter Start-

''So it was only a misunderstanding because you were surprised when he mentioned a Totem that doesn't exist then he caught you and you two were in a position that I came in at the most coincidental time. Good grief.'' Nanu repeated while holding an ice pack to his bruised cheek.

Isaiah remained untouched however because Nanu tried attacking Isaiah thinking he was a rapist but ended up getting nearly viscously beaten like Isaiah was some drunk Irish fighter.

Of course Acerola woke up to find the pair fighting and broke it off, explaining the mistake over dinner.

''You know what I said about boys this late?''

''It's alright Uncle Nanu. He was stuck in that supermarket for hours and I felt really bad about it and it was raining, just this night besides, you let Ash stayed?'' 

''That's because I could easily tell the kid was as dumb as a brick when it came to girls and obsesses more about Pokemon.'' Nanu explained, not keeping his eyes off Isaiah.

''What's with the mask kid? Hiding something?''

''Nothing.''

Acerola frowned, knowing Nanu was inches away from throwing him out despite what she claimed.

''Can we calm down and dine right?'' 

''Sure thing.''

Minutes of awkwardness passed.

''An underground facility underneath the supermarket? A Totem Banette? Never heard of. What exactly went down in the abandoned market?'' Nanu questioned.

''You are telling me even an Island Kahuna like yourself isn't aware of what Totem's live in this island? For someone as lazy as yourself, it's no surprise.'' Acerola nearly choked at what Isaiah said.

''Isaac!''

''I've been in that supermarket many times and there was never some secret facility beneath, it's likely the work of those Ghost-Types.''

''Say Isaac I'm curious, did you get the picture of the Totem?''

''No. Just got this.'' He pulled out the Ghostium-Z and dropped it on the table, shocking Acerola.

''The Totem gave you this?! That rarely happens! Congrats!'' 

''Let me guess, you are looking for a Grand Trial?'' Nanu didn't feel like battling.

''I wasn't thinking about it until you mentioned it.'' Isaiah said to him, getting him grumbling.

''Great...''

''Uncle Nanu...don't you think you can give him a chance after being stuck in that supermarket for hours right?''

Nanu stared at Isaiah's Pokemon, specifically his Dark-Types.

''Go back to wherever you came from. It's too soon when I look at your Dark-Types. I doubt that Zorua in the little dress has any battling experience. I can tell because I'm an Island Kahuna after all.''

Isaiah glared through his mask, including Krokorok who hissed viscously.

''That was a lazy explanation. You don't want to because you don't want to be bothered.''

''What?!'' Nanu was annoyed by Acerola who along with Mimikins gave him ''that'' look.