Chapter 66

Title: Legendary Fatigue

-Chapter Start-

''The pills are kicking but I don't feel like myself.'' Isaiah thought.

It was odd why the pills took so long to take effect.

He never liked taking the pills because they restrain his emotions by a lot but it wasn't like before.

''I'm Sawyer.''

''Isaiah. I assume you are part of doing Steven's project?'' This raised his eyes.

''Why yes I am. It's safe to assume you are too?'' 

Isaiah said no other word, leaving Sawyer confused.

''I take it you don't like talking?'' 

''...''

''Okay?'' Sawyer awkwardly looked away, observing the area.

''That's weird. I heard Baltoy's were very common to find but it took me over three hours just find mine. I wonder why?'' Isaiah perked at Sawyer's words.

''This is going to be annoying.'' He thought as Flygon glared off the distance.

''What?'' Isaiah asked Flygon who immediately screeched out.

Another sandstorm occurred, much stronger than before.

''This is too strong! I didn't think sandstorms get this tough!'' 

''Flygon, sweep this desert away.'' Isaiah waved off and Flygon proceeded to do as said.

Only this time Flygon stopped with a confused look on his face.

''Huh? You can't?'' 

Flygon landed besides Isaiah, looking concerned.

''I don't get it?'' 

''Unless this sandstorm isn't an ordinary sandstorm.'' Sawyer wondered, pulling out a Poke-Ball, releasing his Salamence.

Isaiah whistled at the sight of it and hopped on Flygon with both the pair flying out of the sandstorm and onto the rocky cliffs above, staring down.

''This is troubling. It's going to be hard to find a fucking Baltoy.'' 

''Well, the Baltoy I captured was the only one I've seen for hours. It's odd, there were supposed to be common in these areas but why?'' Sawyer wondered as Isaiah sat, looking annoyed through his mask.

''Maybe it has to do with this sandstorm? Not even Flygon was able to neutralize it.'' 

''But why? I wonder if the Baltoy's had any part of it but question is, where would they be located?'' Sawyer wondered as he also added.

''I saw other people who were apart of the project trying to find a Baltoy but was unable to find a single one and they've been searching for hours.''

''You're a smart kid. Think of the possibilities, you have a brain.'' Isaiah simply said.

''Uh, thank you?''

''Why is it that you are competing in this project? I thought you were a trainer.'' 

''Of course I am most of the time. The thing is I want to learn more and more, like more about Mega-Evolution or learn under Steven Stone. You see I won the Hoenn League and it was a close battle between me and Drake, the final member of Hoenn's Elite Four. We were so close to beating him.'' Sawyer explained.

''Impressive.''

''What about you?'' 

''Eh.....just wanted to. I was even sent a video of Steven Stone asking me to join.'' This shocked Sawyer.