Chapter 44

Title: Onward To Episode 20

-Chapter Start-

''I'm happy to hear nothing bad happened this time. The Totem Banette you mentioned there had no data around it compared to the known Totem Pokemon but I'm all too sure it was apart of your trial. Congrats.'' Professor Cerise praised Isaiah who hid the fact of what actually went down in Alola concerning Team Rocket, how he got ass beat by Tobias and his overpowered Lucario and mainly that he killed multiple people.

Isaiah didn't care, those grunts were garbage human beings who killed before so it wasn't a big deal and no one in Alola save for Nanu knew he was responsible for those multiple murders.

''I'm surprised you even earned a Z-Ring for someone of your history, a number of Z-Crystals and a Banettite from the Totem? Not only that, a few more impressive captures and your Ivysaur finally evolved. I'm sure things really worked out there. I would have been informed of a complaint.'' 

Isaiah tried not thinking about Acerola's kiss and those eyes of welcome like she wanted him.

''Isaiah?'' 

Isaiah snapped out of his daze.

''Yeah, nobody recognized me. That about it.'' Isaiah shrugged before realizing Ash was standing there looking amazed all the Z-Crystals.

''You got all of this from Alola?! I remember getting a bunch of these in Alola.'' Ash proudly said.

''That is true, you own a Z-Ring yourself.'' 

''Yeah but it's back home.'' Ash scratched the back of his head as Goh looked over the items, surprised Isaiah is even able to get a bunch of this stuff.

''How exactly did you get one of those Z-Rings? I thought you were hat....'' Goh stopped when Isaiah blankly stared at him.

''Go on...'' Isaiah gestured, expecting Goh to finish which he gulped.

''I thought you wouldn't be allowed since you have done a lot of horrible things from what I heard.'' 

Isaiah shrugged.

''The Island Kahuna of Ula'Ula Island owed me so he did me that favor and completed the Grand Trial.'' Isaiah explained without saying the true details behind it.

''You're taking on the Grand Trials?'' Ash asked, sounding surprised.

''Yeah, completing the Island Challenge will grant me entry into Alola's Pokemon League as long as I live.'' Isaiah explained.

''Oh?'' Ash scratched his head.

Isaiah gave a snide faint laughter with a smirk.

''What's so funny?'' 

''You're Alola's Champion, aren't you? I thought you would understand the basic rundown on how the League will be working based on entries after the first one.'' 

''Wait? Ash?! You're a Champion?!'' Goh, Chloe, Professor Cerise, Chrysa and Ren looked at Ash in shock over the revelation.

Ash chuckled nervously, rather humbled.

''How come you never said?!'' Goh questioned.

''It just never came up, sorry.''

''Hehehe.'' They stared at Isaiah who took this as a joke.

''What's so funny?''

''Don't think just because you officially became Champion of a pathetic League makes you an equal to Champions of other regions after all, the Alola League was just a sorry excuse of a league.''