Songwriting with tension

A/N: Hailee x Reader

Backstory: Hailee and Y/n broke up but still stay really good friends and wanted to write a song together (Your Name Hurts) however, when they decide to write a song together, something shifts and old feelings rekindle.

Also if you see Y/n/n it just means your nickname but I think we all know that by now!

EEEE! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS! ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHAPTERS!

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 3K! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL ❤️❤️

And thank you to Paulared for helping me as I created like 3 versions of lyrics on my own (with a lot of inspo from Hailee so shout out to her) but yeah! Thanks, love <3 Btw, I don't know if it actually goes with the song, I'm just hoping.

ANYWAYYYYYYY!

HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY!

AND! HERE! WE! GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hailee texted Y/n asking if she was ready to come over to which Y/n replied 10 minutes later:

Haiz😘❤️: Hey, you ready to go into the studio? I'm almost there.

Y/n/n🤪🤠: Yeah, I just parked, sorry, I had something going on.

Haiz😘❤️: Ooo, tell me about it when you come in?

Y/n/n🤪🤠: Of course, dummy. See you in a second!

Y/n put her phone away and she got out of her car, Hailee had a studio in her house that she got during quarantine as she was really bored and music was an outlet for that. Y/n locked her car and then knocked on Hailee's front door, they both had taken a Covid test before-hand just to be on the safe side.

When Hailee opened the door, the two smiled widely at one another, both of them hesitant to do something as they're eyes were saying so much, Y/n smiled widely and chuckled,

"Um, hey." She cleared her throat as her voice was major raspy, "Sorry, woke up from a nap like... 20 minutes ago." Y/n chuckled out, Hailee shook her head with a wide smile on her face.

"It's fine, honestly, you don't need to explain yourself to me anymore." Hailee dismissed calmly, she moved out the way, "Come on in." She offered to which Y/n nodded her at,

"Thank you." Y/n muttered quietly, she looked around the house and smiled, "See your house hasn't changed that much." Y/n chuckled out as Hailee shut the door and locked it, she moved next to Y/n and looked around,

"It is bad?" Hailee asked, as much as she hated that she cared about her opinion, she didn't want too. She really didn't want to care on Y/n's opinion but they were still the best of friends.

"No, I really liked it, I still do." Y/n hummed out with a smile as she looked over at Hailee, Hailee nodded her head.

"Right, um, do you want anything? A drink of water or something?" Hailee asked and Y/n nodded her head,

"Is that alright? I can get it though, I don't want you to feel like you have to get me one."

"Honestly, it's fine." Hailee interrupted quickly which Y/n nodded her head,

"Look before we write this song, I just really wanted to say that I'm excited to write with you. Honestly, I'm glad we're still good." Y/n expressed with a huge smile on her face that Hailee couldn't not smile at, Hailee hugged her and Y/n hugged her back. "Now let's do this!" Y/n exclaimed excitedly as they pulled away and did their handshake that they created when they were 16. They headed into the kitchen and immediately started talking and planning on what it's about.