"A conversation with Miss Death"

A/N: Emily Dickinson x Reader

Summary: Emily gets hurt by Edward and when she thinks that Death has pulled her, she meets a female version of Death. Who is quick to tell Emily that she can be Mrs Death with her.

(If that doesn't make sense, you'll find out)

Thank you for 226-229K, I love you all so much❤️ the support is honestly insane and incredible. Thank youuuu❤️

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily's POV:

"You do not get to excuse yourself, that was disrespectful—!"

"No! What is disrespectful is you assuming that woman don't have anything else to prove. I should be allowed to be published!" I cut him off, trying to explain to him how important it is for me. He never listens, I wish he would because I'm desperate for people to hear my words; even if it doesn't have my name printed, I just want people to hear what I write.

He sighs at this and shakes his head lightly.

"You are a woman, Emily." He tells me, standing tall and almost proud of what he was arguing. I scoff at this,

"We are more than just beauty and for a man's eyes! We have minds of our own—"

"You do not see your mother constantly expressing herself, do you?" My dad butts in, I sigh at this and look away, crossing my arms and shaking my head lightly. "What?" He asks me, "Do you not like the truth?"

"I don't get why you are so angry at me—?"

"You are building yourself a literary reputation after I have quite clearly expressed on multiple occasions that I don't approve of woman with that sort of reputation!" He exclaims in anger, I huff at this and let my shoulders fall as I shake my head lightly. "What?" He asks me,

"You don't need to take your anger out on me..." I mumble, he sighs.

"Emily... you know I hate it when you—"

"I said, you don't need to take your anger out on me just because you lost the election!" I shout at him before he quickly reacts with a slap, I cover my cheek and let out a small breath before slowly progressing into a sob, I turn around and rest my hand over my cheek. I fall to her knees as I cry. Edward went to go over to me, but I flinch and move away from his touch, he stops and moves back.

He makes his quick escape from the room and slams the door shut, making me jump at the sudden loud noise, I continue to cry and lie down on my side, forcing my eyes shut; I turn to face the ceiling and when I open my eyes...

***

I open my eyes to see me on a field, hearing a clutter; I look around and when I see Death's Carriage, I smile at this lightly. I walk over toward the Carriage and when it stops, I open the door and head inside, I sit myself down after shutting the door and when I go to greet Death; I see a Woman. I gasp lightly.

"H— Who are you?" I ask her, she releases the smoke that fills the carriage with the smell of weed, where is Death? I glance at the blunt then at her, my eyes meeting her stare.

"Hello, Miss Dickinson." She grins out, a small hum in her voice. She puts her hand out, a wide grin on her face, waiting for me to take it. "I've heard a lot about you." She tells me, I tilt my head in confusion but take her hand and shake it,

"Wish I could say the same." I express to her which she chuckles at and lightly shakes her head,

"Don't worry, I've been in the blind light by Death himself. Although, I do the same job... apparently because men are still superior in this generation, I have to let him pick up his visitors." She explains to me, I smile lightly at this; feeling immediately intrigued by her. She is so cool!