'The Writer in The Attic' (Version 2)

A/N: Hailee x Reader

This is the other version that originally came to mind, I hope you all enjoy <3

INSPO: Little Women

Summary: Y/n reads her and Hailee's daughter a bedtime story and when she asks why she doesn't write stories anymore, Y/n gets slightly upset. While the daughter is at school, Hailee takes Y/n to the beach and tries to help her get inspired to write again.

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

It's movie night and the movie just finished, I'm so glad that we watched 'Luca', it's so cute. And I think Alison liked it just as much as she kept giggling and saying how she wants a friend like Alberto, it made me and my wife, Hailee Steinfeld, so happy. However, it did make me wonder if Alison liked girls. It would make sense for how she dressed and what she was interested in as she was much like me in my youth, the tomboy and would rather spend time with boys playing football then playing with princess dolls or anything.

"Mom." I hear Alison call on me, she refers to me as Mom and Hailee as Momma, the smart girl. I look over to her and she opens her arms as she yawns. "Can I have a bedtime story?" She asks me, I look over at Hailee and see her offer a smile, I know she's trying to cheer my up as I haven't written anything in 6 years. I look over at Alison and walk over, I pick her up and she wraps her legs around me and her arms around my neck.

"Let's get you to bed, princess." I whisper to her, taking her upstairs while Hailee turns the TV off and puts the food away, I'll probably meet her in our bedroom for bed. We head into her room and I help her brush her teeth and I leave the room so she can get changed, I help Hailee by putting the popcorn away, folding over the top of the Doritos as we ate a lot and put it away. I put the lid on the sauce and put the sauce away before I felt arms snake around my waist. I jump at this slightly and glance to see Hailee,

"Oh, hi." I mumble, she places a kiss on my cheek. I turn around to her and lean my back against the counter, "Everything okay?" I ask her, she nods her head. Resting her hands on my upper arms now,

"Yeah, are you?" She asks me, making sure to make it known that she was curious, I nod my head lightly as I know she's probably wondering if I'm okay since the last time I wrote anything was before my Gran died. I hadn't written since then, she was there when it happened. Helped me through it, I confessed my pent up feelings that I didn't think I could hide much longer and turns out that she liked me too. We started to date and soon enough, after I felt as if it was right. She said yes and the rest was history. As much as I miss writing, I don't see how I would be able to do much of it with acting and movies as well as taking care of mine and Hailee's daughter, Alison.

"Yeah." I breath out, nodding my head lightly. "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask her, tilting my head. She shy's away slightly and I realise that she was talking about the writing, "Oh. Right, yes, yes, I'm... fine. I'm more than fine." I express to her, she giggles at this. About to ask something but we hear Alison call after me. "I better go, I'll see you in a few." I whisper to her, placing a kiss on her cheek before walking upstairs and seeing her waiting at the door, "Ah, you waiting for me?"

"Yeah!" She grins out, I smile at this and pick her up; shutting the door behind me and walking over to her bed, I lie her down and tuck her in,

"That okay? You comfy?" I ask her, she nods her head. I check through the closet and underneath the bed before telling her that there wasn't any monsters anywhere, as it was almost every night that she used to sob, complaining that there was a monster in the room. "I've done our daily check and there are no monsters." I grin out, I sit on the side of her bed and see her smiling. "What story would you like?" I ask her, knowing that it was the most important question for her as she always told me how she enjoyed my stories 'very dearly', I don't know why but I couldn't help but smile.