"That's a baby"

A/N: Emily x Reader

Summary: Y/n has to take care of a friend's baby and when Emily goes to visit her, she sees how Y/n is with babies.

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

Why did I agree to babysitting a baby who can't speak a word? Who knows, I just felt bad for my friend and felt like she deserved a break, so, I offered and I don't really regret it; I just wish someone would tell me if I'm doing a good job or not. Just then though, I hear the door go. I walk over and unlock it. I open it to see Emily,

"Hi, Y/n— That's a baby." She cuts herself off and points at the baby, then looks at me in confusion. I chuckle lightly nodding my head and I turn to the baby,

"That is a baby. Yes." I confirm, she glances at me.

"I— Did I miss 9 months of my life or something?" She asks me, I move out the way.

"No, come in, I'm just babysitting." I tell her, she nods her head slowly and walks inside, I shut the door behind her and lock it as the baby coos. I pat his back and bounce lightly, "You're okay, love." I whisper to him, placing a kiss on his head. 

"Who's baby is it?" She asks,

"My sisters." I answer.

"Wait, Anne was pregnant?" She asks which I chuckle at, I nod my head lightly.

"Yeah. She deserves a day off. But follow me, I want to show you something." I grin out and direct her to my library, I pick up a specific book and I hand it to her; she takes it for me and continues to glance at the baby, "Is the baby intimidating you?" I ask her with a small smirk tugging on my lips as I glance at her, she chuckles at this.

"No. I—It's not." 

"He." I correct, before I grab another book and walk toward the table, I set it down and open the book to a special part of the page before I grab the other book and open it showing a map, I point to a specific place on the map, "See this place?" I ask her, she looks over and nods her head.

"Yeah..." She breathes out, I pick up the other book and show her a few volcanos that was there that had information. "Whoa..." She takes it from my grip and sits down, 

"I know you wanted to go to that lecture. I'm sorry that you're dad didn't allow you to go." I express to her, sitting down next to her as I look at other places that says there are volcanos and talk to Emily about them as she tells me small little facts here and there from the book. "Oooh, look at this, bud." I say pointing which makes the baby look in that direction, placing his hand on the book. "Good job." I hum out, placing a kiss on his head. "Do you know the time?" I ask Emily, not turning to her as I was too focused on baby Albert, (Einstein. I'm kidding, I just immediately thought of him, anyway, back to the story) 

"Um... around... like, two." She answers, I pick him up and turn him to facing me, I stand up.

"I gotta go feed this little guy." I tell her, she nods her head. "You wanna join me or stay here? It's up too you." I tell her, placing a kiss on her head; she grins at this and watches me leave before following after me. I head into the kitchen and I see my maid, Amy. "Hey, Amy. Can you help me feed the little guy?" I ask her, she nods her head and sits him on some sort of chair for baby's. A high chair, I think it's called? I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention. She hands me the food.

"Here you go." Amy tells me, I give her a small smile before putting a napkin over his t-shirt.

"Here we go, buddy, let's get some food in your system." I sigh out, grabbing a spoon and getting a little bit of the baby food and moving it slowly toward him before he coos and moves his head away; I begin to sway it toward him moving it left and right as his hands begin to move in excitement and he babbles slightly giggling, smiling at me. I hum at this, "Come on, baby." I tell him, his mouth falls open a little and I move it in lightly; him leaning his head forward for more food, I slowly move it back and make sure that the tissue is under his chin in case anything falls. Amy leaves the room for some reason and Emily walks beside me, I can feel her eyes on me. "Yes, Miss Dickinson?" I ask her, my eyes glancing at her as I get another spoonful; she just gives me a small smile.

"N—Nothing..." She mutters under her breath, I grin at this.

"You sure?" I ask her, she nods her head at this and glances between me and the baby. 

"Do you ever think about wanting a kid?" She asks me, I look over at her and see her biting her lip out of nervousness. I set the food and spoon down; I stop in front of her and place my hands on her shoulder,

"You okay?" I ask her, looking at her with worry. 

"Y—Yeah. Yeah. I just... I'm just wondering." She tells me, I nod my head and place a kiss on her head. I walk back toward the baby picking the food up and the spoon, getting another spoonful and begin to move it close to his mouth but moving it like an aeroplane. 

"Um, I mean I guess it'd be nice." I express before looking over at her, "But! I know that you don't want kids because you already have so many." I grin out, her giving me a confused look. "You're flowers... you're poems more specifically." I explain to her, seeing a small smile tug on her lips. "So, yeah, I mean I guess I don't mind the idea of having a kid but if you didn't want one then it's not like I'd be mad at you for that." I conclude, glancing between Albert and Emily. She gives me a small smile, 

"Really?" She asks, giving me a small smile as she moves next to me. I nod my head.

"Yeah... of course." I agree, I soon finish up and put the spoon in the sink and put the baby food away, I walk over to Albert and pick him up, I begin to burp him. 

"Can—Can I try?" She asks me, I nod my head and hand him over to Emily; she holds him and I tell her what to do and she nods her head and pats his back and hums lightly, "Aww." She mumbles and continues to hold him, however, Albert leans a little back and rests his hands on Emily's face, babbling to himself as he smiles at her. She smiles back. "I think he likes me." She grins out, I nod my head and walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I agree." I whisper to her, resting my chin on her shoulder before moving slowly to place a kiss on her neck. She smiles at my hug and kiss before I place another few on her neck. 

"Hey, don't traumatise the baby." She tells me, nudging me backwards which I thought was funny, the baby starts making grabby hands towards me, babbling. I smile at this, 

"Ha." I tell her and take him in my arms, I begin to dance around the room with him, "Oh! Look at us go." I cheer us on, making Albert and Emily laugh. Emily walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist, hugging me and I wrap an arm around her; both of us slowly swaying left and right and I grin and turn to Albert who simply smiled. I'm glad Emily decided to come over. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is just shit, i feel really shit right now