First Day

A/N: Kate x Reader

Summary: It's Kate and Y/n's first day at Bishop Security and they don't exactly make the best impression.

Also, thank you 172-182k! I love y'all so much, you guys are the best <3

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

I see Kate come in and I really need to talk to her, she hasn't really spoken much to me ever since she found out about my secret, I mean I wanted to tell her. I, I really did. I just— there was no time! Okay? There was no time. The timing was really off— actually my timing was really off. Not hers. She—She was just busy trying to... you know... not die! I mean the auction was crazy! Luckily, ha, yes, there is a luckily about it... she didn't die. Little banged up but I showed her how to fix the cut while Clint left, so, practically babysitting— well, not really because me and her are best friends but you—you get the point. But, basically afterwards, I had to go home cause... you know, gotta assure my Aunt May...

I walk over toward her,

"Ah, Kate—"

"Sorry, can't talk right now, Dee." Kate replies, sharply, which I snicker at. I turn the corner with her and see Terry walk past. "Hi, Terry." She greets, a small smile on her face. I sneak behind her and wrap an arm around her waist. She turns to me and smiles, walking backwards. "Hey, nerd. You doing okay?" She asks me,

"I was about to ask you that, how're the cuts doing?" I ask her, she grins at his.

"Oh, uh, they're fine. You should've seen the other guys— you did. Never mind—"

"It's okay. Look, I was just wondering if you're, like... like, I don't know, mad at me or something...?" I ask her, her looking at me confused. "For, y'know, not—not telling you about me being... me." I say the last word quieter than the rest of the sentence, she chuckles lightly and stops; resting her arms by her sides.

"No, no, I'm—I'm not. Look, I gotta go talk to my mom. See me at lunch?" She asks, I nod my head.

"Yeah, of course. I gotta go do..." Her eyes narrow at my sentence start, "work..." I quickly say and nod my head before turning around and seeing Terry, "Ah! Hey, Terry." I greet him, giving him a fist bump.

"Hi, Y/n." He greets me, returning the action. I grin and click my fingers before pointing at him, 

"Good, lad." I tell him and hear Kate giggle. I turn and see her smiling; I give her a small smile before she goes to walk in and Eleanor's assistant tries to stop her. I giggle at this and shake my head turning around. I get a call and look at my phone, however, Dee grabs my attention.

"Is your... friend, going to be coming over or not?" Dee asks me, sounding a little bit annoyed at how she abruptly dismissed her. I shrug lightly,

"It's Kate, plus... um..." I look around, before leaning close to her, "she's going through some stuff, go easy on her for me. Thanks Dee." I say, putting my hand out for a high five. She sighs and shakes her head turning to her laptop, "Okay, thanks Dee. Appreciate it." I say, smiling, giving her a small nod before turning around and answering the call. "Hello?" I ask, already speaking in a posh voice; hey, if it's a random number. I never answer in my normal voice.

"Is this Y/n L/n?" The person on the line asks me, the person has quite a feminine voice, I think it's a girl.

"Who's asking?" I question back, trying to sound unsuspicious.