Night with a Dickinson

A/N: Emily x Reader

Backstory: Y/n has been friends with Emily for a while and they bond over the love of poems!

So, basically...

Y/n is just a Ben replacement!

Sorry not sorry <3

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n had walked about 30 minutes to the Dickinson house as she desperately needed to see Emily, she had to speak to her. She had read her poem and it was something that Y/n simply couldn't help as she longed to see Emily; she was hoping that she wasn't asleep as it was Y/n felt the need to talk about it.

She didn't know how Emily has been managing to keep quiet about her poems, they were... amazing.

She arrived at the back and looked around, she sighed.

"Shit." She muttered and looked around to find tiny pebbles, "Ah, here we go." She sighed out as she looked and found Emily's bedroom window to see her writing. Y/n smiled at this and chucked the first small pebble at her window, it went by unnoticed. She threw the second, then third and it wasn't until the fourth pebble that Emily noticed the pebbles.

She stood up and saw Y/n, she had the poem that Emily gave her in her hands and smile; the two stared at one another before Emily let out a wide smile. She put up her index finger to tell Y/n to give her a minute, she nodded her head and went over to the front door and waited for Emily.

Emily soon opened the front door quietly and smiled, she let out a small breath as the smile warmed Y/n's heart.

"Emily... I... I'm sorry to bother you, I just had to see you." Y/n expressed to Emily which made Emily let out a small breath,

"It's okay, Y/n. Everything okay?" Emily asked as she lightly tilted her head, Y/n showed her the poem and smiled widely,

"This... This is just... amazing, Emily." Y/n complimented which made Emily blush slightly,

"Really? You really like it?" Emily asked as she shut the door over and turned back to Y/n.

"I adore it." Y/n expressed as she looked at her lovingly that Emily couldn't help but melt at, "Do—Do you mind if we go for a walk?" Y/n asked shy which Emily nodded her head at,

"Of course."

"Great, follow me." She put her hand out which Emily looked at then at her, she entangled her hand with Y/n's and the two went for a walk. "How has your day been?" Y/n asked which Emily chuckled at,

"It's been... adequate." She admitted as she nodded her head lightly, "You?" she asked as she looked over to Y/n. Y/n titled her head left and right but then shrugged.

"Could've been better, not gonna lie." Y/n sighed out as she looked down, her hands in her pockets. 

"Oh, no. Do you want to talk about it?" Emily asked as she wrapped her right arm around Y/n's right arm, their hands still entangled. She rested her head on Y/n's shoulder.

"I think I'll be alright, but your poem... wow. It really did brighten my day." Y/n expressed to Emily which made her smile. 

"Really?" Emily asked as she looked up at her, Y/n nodded her head.

"Yeah." Y/n hummed out as she looked down at her, "You always make me feel better." She added which made Emily smile widely,

"I'm really glad to hear that." Emily breathed out,