Heartache 2

A/N: Nadine x Reader

PART TWO!

Also, there is a little surprise in this : )

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

It's the next day and I have to go to school otherwise my parents will send someone to the house, dragging me to school. I know it because it's happened before. I really didn't like having to talk to Joel as he's always so annoying, I mean I get it. He's my parents' assistant but honestly, sometimes I just wish he would leave me alone.

I grab a hoodie and put it on, I can't be bothered putting a t-shirt on and it seems like a cold day, I grab a t-shirt though for PE as I have that 4th period. I hear a knock on the door,

"What's up?" I ask, the door opens, and I glance over to see Joel.

"Hi—! Oh, I'm sorry." He apologises, he always does this morning check-up that my parents told him to do. I look at him confused before I realise that I'm in boxers.

"Oh, right. Sorry, Joel." I apologise to him, I grab a pair of jeans and put them on,

"It's fine, Miss." He replies,

"I think I remember telling you that you didn't have to call me 'Miss', Joel." I remind him, he lets out a light 'ah' before nodding his head.

"Right, my bad."

"Okay, I'm decent." I tell him, he turns around to me and offers a smile that I return, before realising that he continues to stare at me.

"Is there something wrong?" I question, looking at my outfit while I just shove stuff in my bag.

"Oh, no. I just remember when you were little, and you wore something like this." He informs me, a light laugh following his memory. I snicker at this. "Is Deena here?" Joel asks, I nod my head.

"Yeah, she should be up by now." I inform him, he nods his head slowly.

"Perfect, there is a surprise downstairs, it is awaiting for you two. Is there anything I can do to be of use?" He asks me,

"No, that's all." I reply. He nods his head.

"I see, I will be back tomorrow morning." He informs me, I sigh at this and put the bag straps over my shoulder after zipping it shut.

"You know, you don't have to come check on me every morning, right?" I tell him, he sighs at this as he moves out the way for me to leave the room while I head downstairs.

"I know, but it's your parents' orders."

"If they cared so much, which I know they don't, I'm sure they would be able to find the time for a quick text." I reply, setting my bag on the counter chair, I walk around the counter and head to the fridge.

"Well, they also ordered me last night to make sure you are eating."

"I'm eating," I answer, "they need to stop treating me like a little kid. I can take care of myself as they taught me how to cook as well as Annie, our cook, and then sacked her when I was able to cook my own things and now look at them, they've practically been away ever since I turned 14. I'm practically 18 now, Joel. 18!" I remind him, he laughs at this and nods his head.

"Trust me, I have known your parents for my whole life, I get how annoying they can be. But you have to understand, everything they do is so you can have a better future."

"What? By sending me to one of their private islands." I joke around, making him laugh.

"Most likely." He agrees,