Deep conversations with Emily Dickinson

A/N: Emily Dickinson x Reader

Summary: Little one shots that I've done so far! Enjoy : )

Thank you for 197-199! We are so fricken close! Also, happy valentines day loves <3

This is also going 3rd person, so, enjoy : )

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you ever wish to be loved?" She asks, before she tilts her head with so many questions rushing through her mind. So fast, she could barely keep up. However, even though she didn't know why, she liked how much the woman beside her, who was also a new friend of hers, Y/n L/n, made her think. Especially about her answers.

Some sort of freedom, she felt with Y/n. How whenever she expressed a specific thought, Y/n already knew what she was going to say; agreed, discussed and made Emily question if what she felt, wasn't actually what she believed. It simply... intrigued her. Maybe more than she'd like to admit.

"I do... but only if they really mean it." Y/n expressed to her; Emily's happy expression falls, staring at Y/n walking along beside her as the fog wrapped and hid the two from the rest of the world. Wondering; questioning, before she quickly realised... Y/n was breaking through her walls. And she was letting her.

--

"Don't you wish time would just... stop?" The young poet questioned the woman beside her, "Even if it was just for a moment?" she further elaborated, while she turned her whole body toward the woman. She scoffed at the poet's question, almost as if it was silly of her to even ask. However, the poet didn't feel judged by this action, she felt something in the pit of her stomach; as if her body warned her what the woman was about to say.

"It does." Y/n answered, "When you're with the right person." She added as she turned to Emily, a light smile formed as she saw the puzzle that had befallen on the poet. "Don't you think...?" She questioned as she moved in front of her, the poet's eyes dashed around them, the turn in her stomach made her smile lightly; she always loved how the woman made her feel. Such a dark thought, made her feel something.

What was it?

Longing?

She didn't know. And she was no where near figuring it out. She forced her eyes shut and when she opened them; the woman was gone, her eyes dashed around her however, she was nowhere.

Who was she?

Emily felt something remove from her and when she opened her eyes again, she was in bed and Y/n was moving atop of her and moved the covers over the two. 

"You okay?" Emily asked her, she nodded her head and sighed.

"I couldn't sleep." She groaned out, Emily nodded her head and rested her hand on the back of Y/n's neck, lightly giving her head scratches which helped Y/n fall asleep as it was 4 in the morning.

--

"How do you do it?" Emily groaned out, as she was bothered by how she couldn't seem to hide her words like before.

Why?

It was simple. It was because these new ones... well... they were more powerful, and them being powerful meant that it made her feel everything that simply went near her. Almost as if she walked into every single emotion's trap. And welcomed with open arms. Ready for whatever she felt like she deserved.

"Do what?" Y/n questioned, as she pretended not to know what the poet asked when really; she simply wanted to hear her ask her question.

Silence.

Not a word was uttered for what felt like hours for Y/n however, for Emily  and real time, if that is what it even could be called, it was only a couple of seconds.

"Act... as if everything is alright... like, you don't feel anything. When really..." The poet stopped in her track, and stared Y/n down, "you feel everything." she explained, while she began to walk again, a light jog to catch up to Y/n and once she was; they continued at a slow pace, since they wanted to take their time to admire nature around them.

"...Some people hide it better than others. I like to believe it can be anyone's greatest weapon. That and hurting people." Y/n explained her opinion, "Others may disagree but like I said, it's why I believe." she continued on, with a small laugh after at her conclusion on her opinion, since she didn't think anything of it. However, the poet did. She thought about her words constantly.

"What do you mean? H—Hurting people?"

"People hurt each other every single day. All the time." Y/n started, as she stopped and turned to Emily as she stared deep into the poet's hazel eyes that, in secret, she desired to stare into for eternity. Emily returned the intense stare but with desire to know what she meant, to hear more from what she thought, an elaboration of her answer. "That and hiding emotions... I think, are truly the people's greatest weapon in life. To prove they don't care, when deep down... they are just as filled as emotion as you are." She summed up, "Some are just better at putting it in words than others." She expressed with a content smile rested on her lips. Emily stared her down, before a small breath left her mouth, since she realised...

The woman was right.

--

"I have something I really must ask you." Emily wished, Y/n turned to her; a light grin tugging on her lips as it deepened into a wide smile. Her posture nice which made her stand proper and tall.  Her eyes stared intently into the poet's waiting for her words until she realised that she needed to speak and agree.

"Oh, yes, yes, please. Ask away." Y/n assured her, as she messed with her ring that was on her middle finger; the one that Emily had given her as a gift one birthday that she had cherished for what felt like forever.

"Do you think you can have power over who you fall in love with?" She asked which made the woman hum slightly.

"Depends on who you ask."

"What? Why?"

"The mind of a poet is extraordinary. They can list a number of reasons why and why not. However, if you ask a non-writer. They won't think carefully. They might not even give you the answer you desire to hear." Y/n explained to Emily, her just smiling.

"Do you think my mind is extraordinary?" She asked, hopeful to hear the woman reply with 'Yes' and a beautiful speech. However, her pause made the poet's heartbeat almost stop. Her heart longed to hear her speak, but when she heard a chuckle and the eyes of her meet the poet's.

She felt comfort.

"There is no one that can compare to your mind." She expressed shortly, "It's one of the reasons I care for you deeply, Emily." She added at the end which made the poet blush and her stomach do cartwheels, her being head over heels for the woman beside her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is too short or not good, this is just to give you something while I work on part two of 'I'm gonna have to steal you from him'.