Trolley

Timeskip 1 week:

Both you and Harrison had the day off of work which meant it was the perfect day for going shopping for your awards evening outfits.

At first you had thought it to be a fairly casual event, but after obtaining more details from your boss, you learnt that it was anything but.

You didn't think Harrison was planning on buying anything seeing as he had loads of suits already, but you didn't own any formal dresses that would fit over your bump and the twins had also outgrown their smart clothes.

"'Rolley!" Ethan shouted excitedly, letting go of your hand and ran towards where the shopping carts were stored in the shopping centre with Arthur following close behind.

They always loved the idea of being pushed around for the entirety of your shopping trip, but after only ten minutes they would have riled each other up- which often meant you would have two screaming toddlers in the middle of woolworths.

You were used to this and the solution was always easy  but, being eight months pregnant, you were glad that you had come on a day where Harrison was off work with you.

"Are you sure you want to sit in the trolley?" You questioned even though both you and your husband, who had already located a twin seat trolley, knew the answer.

"P'ease mumma..." Ethan was nearly begging despite you showing no resistance. He must have forgotten how trolley rides always end.

"Here you go baby boy." You stated as you placed him down next to Arthur in the trolley.

"And twinies, remember you're going to choose a toy each when we've finished shopping, and who else are we going to choose a toy for?" Harrison quizzed them.

"Toy for baby!" Arthur exclaimed, pointing to your bump.

"That's right boys, now let's go!" You praised them before the four of you set of on your shopping adventure.

Timeskip:

You had been browsing dresses with Harrison for fifteen minutes and were beginning to think that perhaps the boys had grown out of their 'anti-trolley' phase. That was, until you heard a voice you undobtedly knew as Arthur's.

"I get out now." He bluntly stated, trying, and nearly succeeding, to push himself from the seat.

"Careful Artie, what do we say when we want to get out of the trolley?"

Yes- this had happened so many times you and Harrison had had to teach them formalities of trolley exiting.

"Get out p'ease mumma." He requested politely.

"Good boy Artie." You responded before he held his arms up for you to let him out of the plastic seat.

"Out p'ease dadda." Ethan repeated his brother's words.

"Here you go little man." Harrison replied, playing the second twin on the floor.

At least fifteen minutes is an improvement on ten.

Timeskip ninety minutes:

They twins were happy to be free from clothes shopping (even though they loved to hide in the clothing rails) and finally have their chosen toy in their arms.

For Ethan, it was a boat to play with in the bath and for Arthur it was a set of rubber ducks.

"So now the big boys have thier toys, what teddy are we going o buy or baby?" You enquired, leading the twins towards the soft toy section.

You had always thought that when you had another baby it would be cute to let the boys chose their first teddy because it would be something really special for them to have for the rest of their lives.

Timekip 10 minutes:

You had decided to buy whichever teddy the boys decided on, seeing as that was what made it special.

Soon enough, they had both decided upon one.

"Mumma, Mumma, look, for baby!" Ethan squealed as Arthur held up an adorable green dinosaur.

"I think baby is going to love it

"I think baby is going to love it."