Currents

You and Chappo were now both in your swimmers and ready to teach your little cousins about swimming and beach safety.

"You ready to get in Abigial?" You asked as you looked down at the small child standing next to you.

"You and Christopher have to get in first." She demanded and you both complied and sat down in the knee-deep pool.

"We're in now, you're turn Abigial!" Chappo said in an encouraging voice like he would use whenever you had to go to the dentist or have an injection.

She then looked wearily into the pool which, in fairness, was deep compared to her small figure. After a moment or two of contemplation she climbed into the water and waded over to you.

"Yay! Look at you, your such a brave girl!" You praised and she gleamed at the compliment.

"Do you know how to swim?" Chappo enquired as he scooted over to you and Abigial through the water.

"But I don't want to." She replied quietly.

"What if Chappo... I mean 'Christopher'... Sits at the other end of the pool and I hold you while you swim to him." You suggested, making your brother laugh at your awkwardness.

Tilting her head in an adorable fashion, you could see she was tempted.

"Okay but do you promise to not let go?" She questioned.

"I promise."

You then put your arms around her torso and held her as she layed down in the water and kicked her legs and propelled herself with her arms to get to Chappo.

You did this for a while and then decided it was time to teach them about the beach.

"So what do you know about the beach?" You asked Abigial and your other tow cousins who were now sat in the pool.

"Mummy told us that there are rips that are scary but we don't know what a rip is." Charlotte told you.

"Well a rip is like a current, it's where all the water that comes into the beach with the waves goes back out." Chappo explained but just received a reply of confused faces.

He then turned to you.

"(y/n), how do I explain a rip?" He asked in a whisper voice.

"I think we should do a physical demonstration." You whispered in response and then headed the edge of the pool. You beckoned Chappo to follow your lead and then you both started wading around the edge of the pool effectively creating a current. The three girls just stared at the two of you like you were crazy.

"If you sit on the edge of the pool then you'll feel a current moving around and pushing your body- it's not very strong but you'll get the idea." You said to the confused girls.

They followed your instruction and sure enough they felt the current and giggled at the way it carried them even if it was very weak.

The five of you continued this game for what felt like hours until your Aunt called to say tea was ready. You were both going to leave after tea but then your uncle came home from work and you were still chatting with him until after all three girls had gone to bed.

You were really tired at this point and were leaning your head on Chappo shoulder because you were too exaughsted to hold it up with your neck. He looked at your head that rested on his shoulder and decided that you better get home.

"Thanks for having us guys but I think we better head off." He said and you both stood up and said your goodbyes to your aunt and uncle then walked out to Chappo's car.

"Are you alright (y/n), you looked like your about to pass out!" Chappo remarked.

"I'm 'yawn' fine Chips, just 'yawn' tired." You answered which made him chuckle.

You quessed you must have fallen asleep in the car because the next think you knew you were waking up in your bed to the sound of your alarm clock, alerting you it was time for another day at the best beach in the world.