Dares

Timeskip two weeks:

It was a Saturday evening which meant only one thing for the lifeguards at Kuta beach- dares!

Apparently, over the multiple years of Lifeguarding on the five kilometer strip of sand, many traditions had formed- one of them being dares.

Although you had not been chosen yet, it was hilarious watching other people embarrass themselves, especially because you were all in partners which made it twice as entertaining.

The first week, you were with Harries, the second with Yatesy, but you were all still deciding who was with who for this round.

"I think the Chapmans should go together, they are basically one body!" Harries laughed.

"No we are not!" You and your brother retorted at the same time, simultaneously folding your arms and sharply exhaling. This was followed by a roar of laughter from all thirty two lifeguards working that day, including you and Chappo.

"That's settled then!" Deano exclaimed before going about to arrange everyone else's partners.

Timeskip ten minutes:

After a fair amount of arguing, the games were finally about to begin. The pair were chosen via a race, the losing meant facing a dreaded dare.

" One, two, three, go!" The head lifeguard at Kuta shouted and you all proceeded to start the sprint; it wasn't very far- only to the shoreline and back.

All was going well until you saw Chappo tread on something and his pace slowed down immensely. You were undoubtedly the losers now, so you might as well go help him.

"Chips, are you OK?" You enquired, strolling along next to your now walking brother.

"Yea I'm fine, I just stepped on a really sharp rock or something. Looks like we're being dared." He replied solemnly. In all honesty, you didn't really care that you had lost, you were more concerned over your brother's welfare.

"It was going to happen sooner or later, it will be fine as long as they don't make me ride a motorbike." You responded, muttering the last few words.

"Oh yea, that was bad!" He laughed.

"It was my first time, don't be mean." You sulked, looking away from him in a fake strop.

"(y/n), you nearly hit a child." He told you, much more seriously than before.

"'Nearly' being the key word in that sentence." You added casually, taking a seat back down on the sand.

"Chapmans, bad luck for you two today!" Tom informed you very cheerily- he was just glad it wasn't him for the third week running.

"What are we doing then?" Chappo sighed, to which Crazy's eyes lit up. This was not good, as you would expect, his ideas were as mad as his nickname would imply.

"Drink the eggs!" He shouted.

As much as you had tried to hide you disgust out of politeness, the lifeguards at Kuta had easily caught on to the fact that you and Chappo were not the biggest fan of their drink. The gagging didn't really support your convincing that you loved it.
Luckily, they were completely unoffended and didn't offer it to you anymore. Unluckily, your distaste for the beverage mean you were both being handed a large glass of raw eggs which you were to consume.

Chappo was virtually retching at the smell, inviting an uproar of laughter among the boys.

Before your knew it, you had thirty voices almost screaming at you to 'down' the liquid.

You and your brother gave each other a look to say 'this isn't going to be pretty' before holding the glass' rim to your lips and performing the mokingjay salute to the rest of the group.

Timeskip two hours:

After the games had concluded, you had all returned to the hotel, where you and Chappo were now sat on the bathroom floor, either side of the toilet.

"I think 'not pretty' was an underestimation."