Nanny

Timeskip 1 month:

"We really need to hire some extra help Harrison." You sighed after finally capturing the twins and returning them to the living room.

It turned out that having two crawling babies was at least twenty times more of a challenge than just one.

You run off to get one, and by the time you're back, the other will have disappeared into oblivion.

"Agreed." He stated, snaking his arm over your shoulder whilst grinning down at the two babies.

It was almost impossible to look at them without smiling. Except when it was three in the morning and they wouldn't stop screaming- then it was most definitely possible.

"It's just finding someone..." You thought out loud.

"Okay, here are some options, my parents?" He asked and waited for your approval.

"I'll have to veto them giving that they live in a different country." You responded.

"Your Mum?"

"Lives half way across this country- veto."

"Abi?" He enquired. You raised an eyebrow in response and gave him your signature glare.

As much as you loved Abi, she was terrible with babies. Not that she would drop them or something like that, just that she freaked out everytime they cried and 'didn't like the way they judged her', which you found both strange and hilarious.

"Alright, that was a bit of a stretch. But we don't really have any other friends who don't work at the beach." Harrison vocalised the answer for himself.

"True. Maybe we'll just have to hire a nanny."

Timeskip three days:

Over the last couple days, you and Harrison had been interviewing a magnitude of nannies. They were very easy to find but weren't always what you were looking for.

Some were lovely but none of them felt like the right person to leave your children with.

"You two look knackered." Whippet told you after entering the tower to find you and Harrison slumped over at the desk with Arthur on your lap and Ethan on Harrison's

It was only meant to be you working today, but after Korey called in sick, Hoppo had asked Harrison to fill in, which he could only do if he Brought the boys with him. So there you were, in the tower, watching out for drowning swimmers and treating blue bottle stings whilst trying to keep two seven months olds entertained.

"You too Whip." You slurred groggily, not taking your eyes off the surf.

"No no no, that's not how to reply to that sentence. I'm sorry, I'm so tired." You corrected yourself whilst looking up at him with eyes that begged for forgiveness and longed to be shut.

"Are you and your brother not sleeping well?" He questioned Arthur who flapped his arms up and down.

"A bab ba!" Arthur exclaimed before being interrupted by his father.

"No, they are actually getting much better now. We've been nanny hunting with zero catches." He explained. You smiled at the way his choice of words made it seem like you physically went 'nanny hunting' - as if it were a sport.

"You guys need our old nanny, he was so good with Nixon and made the best brownies in the world. I think I still have his number in my phone, I'll call him if you want." Whippet informed you.

"Really? Oh my gosh thank you so much Whip!" You exclaimed as he began dialling the number.

Harrison then turned to you with a smile on his face.

"Looks like we might finally get some sleep."